Thread: Iron - Air Batteries, Just Hype ?

Default Iron - Air Batteries, Just Hype ?

If it sounds too good to be true, blah blah blah...

Use firefox reader view (F9) after opening the link to get through the pay wall.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...just-lot-hype/

Tons of internet stuff on this topic popped up over the last few months. Most of it seems to regurgitate the same spiel about Form Energy having some miraculous breakthrough to be rolled out in 2023. Makes me think it is trying to rope in more investors. What say you smarter-than-the-average-internet-addicts?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Don't know much about it, sounds interesting. Let's see how it develops, and if it works on larger scale as well.

Coincidentally I also recently came across a company near me that makes iron fuel - same idea to use iron as energy storage. That is mainly suitable for industry use though, not at home.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Don't know much about it, sounds interesting. Let's see how it develops, and if it works on larger scale as well.

Coincidentally I also recently came across a company near me that makes iron fuel - same idea to use iron as energy storage. That is mainly suitable for industry use though, not at home.
    Not at home unless you have lots of space. It is said that the most limiting factor is very low charge and discharge rate which means you need lots of them to be useful. Like a washing machine size battery to power your tablet streaming HD netflix??
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?