Thread: Statistical analyses show signs of fraud in recall election reinstating Newsom

Default Statistical analyses show signs of fraud in recall election reinstating Newsom

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Recall elections are unconstitutional and the courts need to step in and stop them. Constitutional terms aren't supposed to be ended by voters, that is equivalent to lynching. Removal from office is a legal matter handled by Congress and it has a name, impeachment. There are reasons for not having gubernatorial elections every year. For one thing, it costs taxpayers a bunch of money. But I guess republicans don't care about wasting tax money,

P.S. How about we start a recall of Elder as soon as he takes office, and then start a recall of his replacement and on and on. Hell we won't even need a scheduled guber election any more we'll just start the next election each time a new guber takes office.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Novel way of statistical forecasting I guess

For extra statistical fun, the 'law' mentioned:

It should be noted, however, that Benford's Law cannot be used to critique a single data set (for example, if the results of a single opinion poll or election shows a larger difference, that in no way indicates a problem with that result).
    So this analysis, performed on data from an election which is yet to happen, is bullshit anyway.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Recall elections are unconstitutional and the courts need to step in and stop them. Constitutional terms aren't supposed to be ended by voters, that is equivalent to lynching. Removal from office is a legal matter handled by Congress and it has a name, impeachment. There are reasons for not having gubernatorial elections every year. For one thing, it costs taxpayers a bunch of money. But I guess republicans don't care about wasting tax money,

P.S. How about we start a recall of Elder as soon as he takes office, and then start a recall of his replacement and on and on. Hell we won't even need a scheduled guber election any more we'll just start the next election each time a new guber takes office.
    State office is different than federal office.

Recall elections are unconstitutional and the courts need to step in and stop them.
    The recall process laid out in the California State Constitution is unconstitutonal? Oh, do tell. I'd love to hear your analysis.

Removal from office is a legal matter handled by Congress and it has a name, impeachment.
    How, exactly, is Congress supposed to impeach a state governor? And you were complaining about the CA recall being unconstitutional, JESUS CHRIST.

It's ironic. I loved Davis. But he screwed up massively, in a way that cost the state heavily for over a decade. He deserved the recall and I voted to replace him (granted, I voted for the Dem candidate, who lost to Scharzenegger). Meanwhile I loathe Newsom. But he did his job fairly well, I think he handled the pandemic better than most governors, and I am not supporting the effort to remove him from office.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Yeah, I guess we should just initiate a recall every time a guber is sworn in. Why have scheduled elections at all?

P.S. Please forgive my ignorance concerning my state's government.
    Last edited by Being; 09-14-2021 at 11:49 PM.

Never said I liked it. You may recall years ago you were quite in favor of our public democracy system in this state (of which the recall process is one part) whereas I think it's sensationalist crap. Like it is with this recall. But you claimed something else, that it was unconstitutional. Because you're a moron. And then went on to claim that the more legitimate process is that Congress impeach a governor. Because you're an even bigger moron than I believed. Even Lewk & GGT know better.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Never said I liked it. You may recall years ago you were quite in favor of our public democracy system in this state (of which the recall process is one part) whereas I think it's sensationalist crap. Like it is with this recall. But you claimed something else, that it was unconstitutional. Because you're a moron. And then went on to claim that the more legitimate process is that Congress impeach a governor. Because you're an even bigger moron than I believed. Even Lewk & GGT know better.
    Yes, but at least I don't have the need to gloat over the failure of others.

Failure implies someone made an effort in the first place. If you're claiming I'm gloating over your "failure" that would mean that you had at least cursorily glanced at the relevant material, maybe so much as bothered to type a question into a search bar, before spouting off ignorant nonsense. And that doesn't seem to have been the case.

I am a bit embarrassed but mostly I'm happy to have made your day.

Proof! Fraud. Newsom won. And by even more than polling suggested!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Proof! Fraud. Newsom won. And by even more than polling suggested!
    That must mean there's fraud, how could the polls be so wrong!?

There is still time to try again. Let's drain another $400 million out of the state coffers.

There is still time to try again. Let's drain another $400 million out of the state coffers.
    It's absolutely critical that the GOP find ways to drain or prevent any surplus before the Dems can use it or refund it and get credit in the next election.