Thread: Why Treat Bob Woodward with Undo Respect?

Default Why Treat Bob Woodward with Undo Respect?

Why doesn't the left leaning media hold this jerk accountable for letting Trump off the hook for the second impeachment trial?

He had information in his hands that would have greatly influenced the vote to convict, long before the vote was held.

He only released that information after the vote.

He only released that information to promote his book.

Now he is on another book promotion rampage.

Not one interview has he been asked to answer for withholding that damaging information until he was ready to sell his book.

Why?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    He had information in his hands that would have greatly influenced the vote to convict, long before the vote was held.
    I don't much care one way or the other for Bob Woodward (not am I convinced that his reporting - which is frequently sensational - is always well sourced). But the quoted line here is obviously wrong. It is highly unlikely that any amount of evidence would have substantially changed the votes of Republican Senators. To believe otherwise is to ignore the evidence of the last four years.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Why doesn't the left leaning media hold this jerk accountable for letting Trump off the hook for the second impeachment trial?

He only released that information after the vote.

He only released that information to promote his book.

Now he is on another book promotion rampage.

Not one interview has he been asked to answer for withholding that damaging information until he was ready to sell his book.

Why?
    The people you should be mad at for "withholding" pertinent information are the politicians/actors/enablers from Trump's inner circle, and the GOP writ large. Don't blame journalists for Republicans' failures.

edit: The better question might be "Why Treat the Republican Party with Undo Respect"?
    Last edited by GGT; 09-27-2021 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    ...Don't blame journalists for Republicans' failures...

edit: The better question might be "Why Treat the Republican Party with Undo Respect"?
    By responding to only the click-bait title you missed the question at the heart of the matter,

Why?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

What is the context here?

Also Bob Woodward doesn't have a lot of credibility these days. His sourcing is thin, and people who want to get a certain narrative out there know he's basically a partisan who is likely to believe some things with less scrutiny.