Thread: Poland-Belarus crisis

Default Poland-Belarus crisis

I heard a few things about it this morning but then it’s like everything went silent. 😳
    Maybe it’s just my imagination. >_<

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/10/e...ntl/index.html

Thousands of Polish troops have been sent to the Belarus border in recent days”
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59253376.amp

Curious if this is being reported with more urgency in Europe than in the US. No one here knows or cares.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Curious if this is being reported with more urgency in Europe than in the US. No one here knows or cares.
    Over here, it is. First-page headlines, overshadowing anything Covid-related, even. Then again, we are sort of involved, due to having a border with Belarus.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Over here it's reported with some urgency, but the upcoming covid measures dominate the news.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

BBC America and the NYT have been covering it (along with CNN). I wouldn't say no one here knows or cares....but that most Americans don't follow international geopolitics as closely as Europeans do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    What upcoming covid measures?
    All of Europe seems to suddenly want lockdowns again.

It's almost as if Europe is actually pro-life, unlike a certain American party that was explicit in calling for workers to die for the sake of the economy.
    Hope is the denial of reality

It's almost as if Europe is actually pro-life, unlike a certain American party that was explicit in calling for workers to die for the sake of the economy.
    Didn't take you for an anti-vaxxer

Every time I think we have a fair idea of how dumb you are, you just go right ahead and say something even dumber.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."