Thread: What do you Guys Do with Old Games

Default What do you Guys Do with Old Games

I moved. In that process I dug up a ton of old games, some really old. 3.5" floppy disk old. I think I may have all the CIV games through Civ 5. Boxes, manuals, disks, the whole ball of wax. I still have, ugh, MOO3. And MOO2. Maybe MOO1. Now, many if not most of these I cannot play. I feel a little bad just trashing them. But I do not want to keep them either. I have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. Any thoughts?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    I moved. In that process I dug up a ton of old games, some really old. 3.5" floppy disk old. I think I may have all the CIV games through Civ 5. Boxes, manuals, disks, the whole ball of wax. I still have, ugh, MOO3. And MOO2. Maybe MOO1. Now, many if not most of these I cannot play. I feel a little bad just trashing them. But I do not want to keep them either. I have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. Any thoughts?
    You've been a megadork for a very long time, perhaps you have some beloved classic games in original cases that people want to buy?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    You've been a megadork for a very long time, perhaps you have some beloved classic games in original cases that people want to buy?
    I dug and I do have all the Civs, from 1 thru 5. And Civ 1 has the box and all the documentation. It looks almost new. Four 3.5" floppies. You say someone's gonna want that? Civ 2 came on a CD, box is a little beat up. No box for Civ3 though.... books, no box...
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Put all that in a box with some dehumidifying bags. It is like having antiques. Back up all that info just in case. Use DOSbox and DBGL to play.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.