Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend

Default Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend

Greetings weary souls! Come seek the emptiness of the void and let Covid, wars and stress from yesteryears fade away. Instead, find shade and water, feast upon these words and rest your heads upon this post. It's nice to see you all so active and brimming. A bit disheatening to see some age old debates that I'd hope had faded into myth or better yet be long forgten, but alas they are as potent as Two Rivers Tabac.

I apologized if I missed this. I was bit Aimless in my search or should I say a bit Minx in my search (nevermind that doesn't make any sense). Suffice it to say there may have been some blindNESS. I may (please forgive me moderators) have Spawned a duplicate post. Before I completely wig out and wig in (if there such a thing or person), I might as well get to the point. To be fair, I was not known for that. I was much more known for my touch of madness, and my spreading of religious opiates (I think a story was written referencing that). Yet again, I digress. Darn it. I'm losing the thread I'm weaving. Ah, there it is!

What are everyone's thoughts on the new Amazon Prime Wheel of Time show ep1-6?

My thoughts in short are this-- the plot/character changes I am fine with. The show is drumming up nostalgia and memories which are great. So I will keep watching.

I think room for improvement would be to have shown us more of Two Rivers life and the characater's personality and connection with eachtoher. Example would be doing the festival and have Mat/his dad win at bow staff. Rand do well at archery etc... Of course for Mat to pull some pranks. The problem with the show just jumping into the action-- is we have no connection (no thread, if you will) that let's us latch on and care about these character--- which really hamstring EVERYTHING else that follows. This gaping issue aside.

Also, I wish Lan came off a bit harder-- he is supposed to be emotionless and stone like but that doesn't come off as strongly as it could. I miss the sheep herder comments. If Lan had a scar on his cheek (think Kenshin/Samurai X), it would have helped portray that he's a man a whose been through some stuff and made of tougher stuff than most.

With that said the animation is great. Moiraine is very well cast.

Ultimately, I don't expect this show to be up to the quality of GoT S1-4, but I can none-the-less enjoy it holding my hand and taking me through Caemlyn, Tar Valon, all the way to Aiel waste lands and back again.

-What are your likes/dislikes?
    -Will you continue watching?

We're enjoying ourselves immensely—and I've seen some leaked clips and photos from ep8 that have me s u p e r stoked kinda funny they've cast Swedes to play major roles, expecting to see at least one more Swede playing some AoL holdover. It's also been really fun enjoying the newcomer's experience vicariously through the reactions of new fans who haven't read the books, and trying to suss out all the clues in the show, figuring out what they might indicate about the direction they might be taking, etc. It feels like getting a second chance to discover this world. And it's pretty cool seeing just how different people's opinions are—among readers and non-readers alike! And the casting is just so good—Zoë Robins in particular, but, honestly, all of them are individually pretty great and they're clearly improving together.

The show has really suffered at the hands of Amazon's analysts and execs, who appear to have forced clumsy cuts and other changes. The showrunner wanted a 10 episode season with a 2 hour opener, but instead got eleven thousand notes from Amazon—on the pilot alone. Hoping for a Rafe cut. Some of the weirdness really does seem to stem from forced cuts (think they shot several scenes with the boys seeing the myrddraal, which were supposed to set up the scene with Lan's entrance).

But I've really enjoyed eps 4-5-6, and, overall, I find myself enjoying the departures from the source material the most—apart from dhjgfskduyfksdfgu Stepin and his dorky-ass axes. That whole arc felt like someone's misbegotten baby that the rest of the team was too nice to... axe... but obv they're setting up future plotlines involving Lan-Moiraine-Nyn. The amateurish lighting (most apparent in the Tower) is a big issue, but a solvable one—and the same goes for poor quality VFX (the weaves often look like some lazy mfer just brushed them onto the scene). I hope they change the title sequence, it's so long and unhelpful—and with so much Windows 95/Winamp energy—and I feel like we're losing Loial scenes because of it. The video quality is really poor on many devices/players; in our case, it only looks good—indeed, like a different show—if we disable HDR mode.

Looking back, I think I disliked ep2 the most. My headcanon of Shadar Logoth is based on how that city felt in the old computer game, and I felt like the city—and Mashadar—were both a step down from that. I found myself liking the first three eps much more on repeat viewings, but ep6 is probably my favourite episode so far wrt writing and acting. The way Siuan goads Logain—by subtly humiliating him—in order to see what's left of him in there, and the way he responds, trying, in turn, to goad her into killing him... I loved it. And then the way Moiraine reworded the oath, both as a way to express her love as well as to ensure she didn't end up being trapped by an oath to obey any rando in the Amyrlin Seat... goosebumps. The allusions to the Seanchan, and to the issue of shadowspawn using the Ways... I loved the way that ep. hinted at how big the story's gonna get.

I'm a little frustrated by the way the show kinda abandons the boys from time to time—dropping the ball, so to speak—but it's a difficult task given the short seasons... it's like half a season of conventional serialized storytelling, so characters don't really get a chance to grow on you in the way they do in regular ensemble shows. But, even then, I feel like they've done a decent job with most of the POV characters. I realized, re-reading tEotW, that the book itself is extremely heavily skewed in favour of Rand's POV, to the point where it frustrates me. But, like the book, the show is setting up/foreshadowing a huge number of future plotlines. And, speaking of the books... we've been re-reading/re-listening to our favourite parts for weeks now, and it's weird how they can still just pull you right back into the story.

Needless to say, I can forgive a lot of the problems, and am extremely psyched about seasons 2 and 3. I have a bad feeling about Red Eagle's/iWoT's continued association with the IP (they're now trying to get an AoL film trilogy off the ground) and I hope their chaos energy doesn't spill over into the main show production.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

It's good to hear from you Minx? How is the doctor life? Have you been in touch with Spawnie?

To your points--- I largely agree the changes were good and I'm glad there was a reason for not having more character development early (execs can get in the way of good story telling).

Quick recap on my thoughts on characraters-- just stir discussion.

1. Moraine-- perfect
    2. Lan--- comes off to soft--- in the books he was so much more intimidating.
    3. Mat-- not enough jokes, more cool knife tricks, pranks
    4. Rand-- seems a bit whiney but that may be accurate to the books-- dont' recall.
    5. Egwene-- I am very happy with
    6. Perrin-- any change to him is a good change. I wish maybe he had a bit more muscle packed on as an actor
    7. Nynaeve--- she's fine-- she's just a different character. No braid pulling. No sullenness. I really disliked Nynaeve for the first half of the books-- in this show she's a strong will character who cares about her people. Which was always true but there was a bit more there-- maybe it was a change for the better but right now she feels to much like Egewene.
    8. Logain-- Amazing
    9. Loail-- he is cool but would nice to do some camera tricks to make him taller-- aside from that happy with him. (he also comes off a lot cooler than the actual Loial).
    10. Liandrin---- great casting there too

My favorite episode was 4 with 6 being a close second. The only thing I didn't like about 6-- is Moraine not wanting to attack the dark one when Siuane brought it up then her plan is to do exactly that seems weird. It also just seems poor judgment when you don't even know who the dragon is and they're all completely untrained-- what's the point of bringing the dragon there A mission set to fail.

'till the next spin of the dice. See ya!

Some quick thoughts.

I'm liking it, it isn't perfect but I knew going into it they had to make decisions based on real world things like budget and time so I tempered my expectations.

+I like how they did channeling
    +Aes Sedia politics happening earlier is good
    +Moraine actress is great
    +Great foreshadowing (ships disappearing in the west... Aiel on the other side of the Dragonwall)
    +Its Wheel of Time and its on TV!

-The "who is the Dragon" mystery is a weird choice
    -Not enough time in the Two Rivers
    -Should have been 10 episodes not 8, it feels too rushed at times

I've only watched through most of ep. 4 - I'm trying to watch with my wife, and the amount of time in the week when we're both conscious and available is extremely limited.

Lots of little complaints but my general feeling so far is that it's... okay? Like, not a total disaster like I feared (I was thinking it could be another Shannara mess, which admittedly has much inferior source material), but not totally fitting in with my preconceived notions of how the world and characters should look. I don't love some of the changes that they made, but other ones were pretty logical - there's going to be a lot of bits from the books that need to be cut out (and, frankly, probably didn't need to be in the books either), and that's okay.

I think the part I don't really love the most is the general ambience. There's a certain uniformity to how a lot of these fantasy epics are getting translated into television - a uniform aesthetic that isn't bad per se but also a bit boring and not how I experience them? For example, aSoIaF and WoT look entirely different in my head, but the 'feel' of them is pretty similar on TV.

Lewk, I'm probably going to regret agreeing with you, but I also think the early reveal of the Dragon plotline was a bit much. Not to say that it wasn't pretty transparently obvious who was going to be the Dragon early on in EotW - with its heavy focus on Rand, the babblings of his dad, and his early channelling - but the ignorance on the part of the characters and seeing Rand struggling with his identity and role in tGH and tDR lent it a certain versimilitude.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Going with 8 instead of 10 episodes means that the show is focusing entirely on plot (which, admittedly, has been good so far). But there's little reason to care about most of the characters. The characters kind of float from one plot point to the next with minimal development or explanation. At least right now, there isn't much chemistry between the characters. Most of the actors playing those characters are fine, but we don't know enough about their personalities or interests to really appreciate the interaction between them. I just hope season 2 doesn't double down on maximizing plot development.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Steadily improving, but still hampered by Amazon's time-constraints (which are interacting in a particularly frustrating way with Harris's departure from the show). Excellent cold open, although I would really love to see more swordfighting from a certain character. I think dudes in the fandom are misreading the purported love triangle, and I l o v e it because of where I think it's going. Next episode is gonna be spectacular, but they better give us 20 mins extra or they can get fucked. Like an idiot, I agreed to take the day shift on Christmas Eve, so I won't be seeing it until I get home, and we won't be seeing it together. But, so far, we've been able to take an hour and a half off every friday morning to watch each new ep, and it has been lovely. Think this should become a thing.

If you think there were constraints on this season, think about the future. There's no way the show lasts more than 7-8 seasons. And it will have to cover 14 books in that time. This season more or less covers book 1 and it has to rush through numerous plot points. There's definitely material that could be cut without destroying the quality of the show, but we're talking about cutting about half the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    If you think there were constraints on this season, think about the future. There's no way the show lasts more than 7-8 seasons. And it will have to cover 14 books in that time. This season more or less covers book 1 and it has to rush through numerous plot points. There's definitely material that could be cut without destroying the quality of the show, but we're talking about cutting about half the material.
    Showrunner said he envisions 8 seasons if it goes the distance. It makes a lot of sense, especially when it looks like they plan on compressing the Forsaken from 13 to 8. A vast array of minor characters can be skipped. Most people agree the weakest books are the middle ones and not much happens between Lord of Chaos and the start of the Last Battle outside of character building. Is Sammael anything more than a rehash of Ravhid? The Little Tower doldrums cans be skipped with Eggy just undermining the Tower from within to start with. Sea Folk don't really need to be part of much. Seanchan are important but they can have lots of characters dismissed. The Last Battle could literally just be one season. I think it is workable, just needs to be commercial success by end of season 2 or stick a fork in it.

I think they can do it in 6-8 seasons (showrunner has planned for 8), but they'll need 10 hour-long episodes per season to let the plot breathe. I'm not worried about cuts that prevent them from covering material—I'm frustrated by the structural problems that result from Amazon's compulsive meddling with episode and season length.

Definitely still strong on the plot.

Though Amazon gave away a major plot point by writing the name of the character confronting Rand if you paused to see who was on screen.

Disappointment.

Definitely still strong on the plot.

Though Amazon gave away a major plot point by writing the name of the character confronting Rand if you paused to see who was on screen.
    Yeah they've been doing it all season, all text content on prime is generated and curated by idiots really sad we didn't get more Fain this season, he's excellent

I think they did a better job than we could have expected.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I think they did a better job than we could have expected.
    Not at all. There are so many complaints I have with the last episode ranging from minor hyper specific irritants to overall just absolute shit.

1. Perrin does jack shit. And what is it with Ogier being Way of the Leaf proponents? Not supported by the book and not supported by what Loial does multiple times in battles. If they want to advance the timeline some they could have had some wolfish flares of Perrin enraged at the Neverborn but... nothing. Perrin is absolutely useless, has nothing going for him plot wise other than a retarded love triangle and a vague inner conflict over the Way of the Leaf.

2. The character assassination of Agelmar Jagad continues. One of the five great captains and his sister understands military strategy better? He's got the horn buried in Fal Dara? Why? Oh hey no ones know shit about the horn because there's been no build up or talk about the great hunt being called again in Illian.. SIGH. Speaking of the battle at Tarwin's gap... man if a few wilders could just smoke all those Trollocs why the hell didn't they put them on the fortification at the gap where they would be even more dense targets for great waves of channeling? Dumb dumb dumb. Also it is Rand's place to save the day at Tarwin's gap.. ffs.

3. Why the hell even have the whole dream sequences and then just have Ishy take off his mask... the whole dream section seems to be added in just for book appeal but then had zero payoff.

4. By the time Lewin Therin was looking to attack the Dark One's Prison the War of Power had been raging for 10 years and the good guys were getting their shit kicked in. The ambiance of the scene was "oh look everything is so peaceful and tranquil until LTT decides to do something rash for no reason despite being warned by the Tamyrlin... which isn't LTT for some reason??

"Elan Morin grimaced. "Look at you," he said scornfully. "Once you stood first among the Servants. Once you wore the Ring of Tamyrlin, and sat in the High Seat. Once you summoned the Nine Rods of Dominion. Now look at you!.

5. This is minor but why the fuck would the Seanchan summon a tsunami on an empty beach? What would even the point be? I have a feeling Rafe is going to showcase them as pure evil in every regard with zero nuance. But the reality is while they are pretty shitty they did not come to destroy but to conquer and rule. There would be no point in senseless destruction. Also are their collars covering their mouths? Da fuk?

6. Oh speaking of character assassinations Mat?? Does Rafe just hate him?

7. Clearly they had budget issues but why the hell would they make battles seem even cheaper made by doing wide shots that show how tiny the numbers are? Zoom the fuck in, use some CGI, show multiple shots of the same soldiers going through the gate to give the appearance of more people. This shit looked like a low budget TV series on cable than a multi-million dollar Amazon project.

8. Loial, Uno, Ingtar all dead by Fain who appears to have the dagger and clearly in the scene twists the knife into Loial (finishing move). But Loial and Uno are both cast in season 2 so I guess they'll hand wave the lethality of the dagger and the Fade's armaments' being lethal. Maybe showcase more wonder girl healing.

I gave this series an honest chance and even defended it. But holy fuck that episode was absolute dog shit.

5. My guess is they're creating additional sea for them to sail in.

5. My guess is they're creating additional sea for them to sail in.
    Yes, remember that Randland doesn't have the Suez Canal came home from work and just went through all of Rand's scenes this episode, and they really are excellent. Pike's simultaneously more restrained and more expressive than she's been in the show so far. The OT grated on me at first, but both LTT and LPD make it work pretty well, and they seem to be enjoying themselves immensely. Johann Myers as Fain was a genuinely inspired casting choice. It's easy to see how much Harris dropping out of the show fucked with their plans, but they managed to make it work well enough that I don't think people will notice any of the resulting problems in s2. Co-opting the flame and the void—turning it into the cute babykins and the void—was great. Ishy's portrayal was much more appealing than it was in the early books, and the transition to Moridin won't feel as weird now. It is in equal measures tragically and hilariously ironic that a small number of whiny-ass purported "book fans" are losing their shit because they've forgotten that this story must be approached with skepticism of everything that's shown.

Yes, remember that Randland doesn't have the Suez Canal
    I give notice that I am interpreting this, and all subsequent posts in this thread, as if they were about Brexit.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Yes, remember that Randland doesn't have the Suez Canal came home from work and just went through all of Rand's scenes this episode, and they really are excellent. Pike's simultaneously more restrained and more expressive than she's been in the show so far. The OT grated on me at first, but both LTT and LPD make it work pretty well, and they seem to be enjoying themselves immensely. Johann Myers as Fain was a genuinely inspired casting choice. It's easy to see how much Harris dropping out of the show fucked with their plans, but they managed to make it work well enough that I don't think people will notice any of the resulting problems in s2. Co-opting the flame and the void—turning it into the cute babykins and the void—was great. Ishy's portrayal was much more appealing than it was in the early books, and the transition to Moridin won't feel as weird now. It is in equal measures tragically and hilariously ironic that a small number of whiny-ass purported "book fans" are losing their shit because they've forgotten that this story must be approached with skepticism of everything that's shown.
    Thanks for writing this. I didn't have the energy. Also what these so-called book fans seem to forget is that the battle at the Gap (for all its shortcomings cinematographicxally) fits better in the overall arc of the book story than the original end of the first book.

As for Perrin being useless; that's not different from in the books is it? His general uselessness though seems to have a purpose all of a sudden now.
    Congratulations America

I watched ep8 and it makes me want to claw my eyes out!

Thanks for writing this. I didn't have the energy. Also what these so-called book fans seem to forget is that the battle at the Gap (for all its shortcomings cinematographicxally) fits better in the overall arc of the book story than the original end of the first book.
    Reading some of their complaints, it really looks like a lot of these frustrated anime lovers are furious at their step-dad because they've gotten Tarwin's Gap confused with Falme. Epic marshmallow test fails.

The finale really did have to be hastily altered to a very great extent—both because of Harris not joining the crew for eps 7 & 8 and because of lockdown regulations that completely demolished their plans for Tarwin's Gap and the Blight, resulting not only in the underwhelming battle with puzzling decisions, but also limiting some of the characters' scenes. And ofcthey were banking on a much longer runtime. None of those issues are likely to take the team by surprise in season 2, and it's impressive that they managed to roll with those punches as well as they did in this season. Think it was unfortunate that they didn't convey Nynaeve's condition in a more clear manner—some people realized she was neither burned out nor dead, but most viewers probably didn't get that from what was shown in camera.

As for Perrin being useless; that's not different from in the books is it? His general uselessness though seems to have a purpose all of a sudden now.
    We get much more of his POV and see him do cooler things early on in the series, but I'm okay with the show pacing itself with his arc because yeah he is pretty useless for about half the series. I would've loved to get more time with Perrin in the show, but I think he's gonna get a good season 2. There's some speculation that Perrin's scene in the throne room wasn't planned to go down the way it did, and had to be altered because of Mat's unexpected departure... but, I dunno, Perrin being paralyzed by doubt and fear works for me. It's gonna be that much more satisfying when he begins to learn to function again.

What actually happened at the end of the first book:

"The forces of the Dark One filled the other end of the pass, bristling black pikes and spearpoints swelling up onto mountain slopes made blacker still by the great mass of Trollocs that dwarfed the army of Shienar. Fades in hundreds rode across the front of the horde, the fierce, muzzled faces of Trollocs turning away in fear as they passed, huge bodies pulling back to make way. Overhead, Draghkar wheeled on leathery pinions, shrieks challenging the wind. Halfmen saw him now, too, pointed, and Draghkar spun and dove. Two. Three. Six of them, crying shrilly as they plummeted toward him.

He stared at them. Heat filled him, the burning heat of the touched sun. He could see the Draghkar clearly, soulless eyes in pale men's faces on winged bodies that had nothing of humanity about them. Terrible heat. Crackling heat.

From the clear sky lightning came, each bolt crisp and sharp, searing his eyes, each bolt striking a winged black shape. Hunting cries became shrieks of death, and charred forms fell to leave the sky clean again.

The heat. The terrible heat of the Light.

He fell to his knees; he thought he could hear his tears sizzling on his cheeks. "No!" He clutched at tufts of wiry grass for some hold on reality; the grass burst in flame. "Please, nooooooo!"

The wind rose with his voice, howled with his voice, roared with his voice down the pass, whipping the flames to a wall of fire that sped away from him and toward the Trolloc host faster than a horse could run. Fire burned into the Trollocs, and the mountains trembled with their screams, screams almost as loud as the wind and his voice.

"It has to end!"

He beat at the ground with his fist, and the earth tolled like a gong. He bruised his hands on stony soil, and the earth trembled. Ripples ran through the ground ahead of him in ever rising waves, waves of dirt and rock towering over Trollocs and Fades, breaking over them as the mountains shattered under their hooved feet. A boiling mass of flesh and rubble churned across the Trolloc army.

The screams died. The earth was still. Dust and smoke swirled back down the pass to surround him.
    "

So in the show clearly they took a different route. It was only 50 fades. And apparently it only takes a few wilders in a circle of five to stop a Trolloc army sized so large the defenders of Fal Dara believe the Last Battle was starting... I mean wut? And the cinematography was so amateurishly put together. Not even sure I'll bother giving season 2 a try unless we hear some really good things.

Really? That was your problem with the final? I wonder if you shouldn't give up watching TV altogether since it can't but deeply disappoint you.

There are easily 10 things in that episode that could have been better. But the number of fades and trollocs does not enter this list.

Let me spell out why I think the series does a better job than TeotW; for starters it lays the ground for the way the book series structures the last battle. It gives the story arc a far superior symmetry. What it also does is lay out the central theme of the book series; which is that given the real issues at hand people have this tendency to elevate their localized issues to the only thing that matters.
    Congratulations America

Really? That was your problem with the final? I wonder if you shouldn't give up watching TV altogether since it can't but deeply disappoint you.

There are easily 10 things in that episode that could have been better. But the number of fades and trollocs does not enter this list.

Let me spell out why I think the series does a better job than TeotW; for starters it lays the ground for the way the book series structures the last battle. It gives the story arc a far superior symmetry. What it also does is lay out the central theme of the book series; which is that given the real issues at hand people have this tendency to elevate their localized issues to the only thing that matters.
    Oh no by far it isn't the only complaint I have but its central to proper world balance. If a few Aes Sedia are enough to stop a massive invasion of Trollocs that makes the defenders think its The Last Battle, that's a problem. Additionally they've cut out nearly every big thing Rand did in book 1. Carrying Tam across the snow, facing off against multiple Darkfriends on their trip, playing for his supper and learning Gleeman tricks, all of Andor, meeting the Queen, and most importantly saving the day at Tarwin's Gap. Likely we will not see him meet the Amyrlin in Fal Dara, inadvertently play the Great Game and most of the cool things tGH. It really makes you wonder if Rafe understands the the story is primarily about Rand. Yes others like Mat, Egwene, Perrin, Moraine are important but they *should* be playing second fiddle to bloody Dragon Reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Oh no by far it isn't the only complaint I have but its central to proper world balance. If a few Aes Sedia are enough to stop a massive invasion of Trollocs that makes the defenders think its The Last Battle, that's a problem. Additionally they've cut out nearly every big thing Rand did in book 1. Carrying Tam across the snow, facing off against multiple Darkfriends on their trip, playing for his supper and learning Gleeman tricks, all of Andor, meeting the Queen, and most importantly saving the day at Tarwin's Gap. Likely we will not see him meet the Amyrlin in Fal Dara, inadvertently play the Great Game and most of the cool things tGH. It really makes you wonder if Rafe understands the the story is primarily about Rand. Yes others like Mat, Egwene, Perrin, Moraine are important but they *should* be playing second fiddle to bloody Dragon Reborn.
    Some things will not make it from the books to the series, some really cool things will not make it to the series even. But that also means that some really not so good things from the books will not make it to the series. Like several storylines that seemed to be mostly there to take up space while otherwise not really much transpired in WoTWorld. I doubt they have decided to leave out the entire Andor storyline though. You will have to get used to the fact that the story isn't about Rand any longer. Male white savior actually isn't quite the selling point it used to be. The show runners made a choice they had to make, for the simple reason that otherwise the show wouldn't have been made. For lack of an audience big enough to make it worthwhile for Amazon, or anyone else for that matter. You could also wonder if given where the book series ended, Nynaeve wasn't rightly portrayed as the super channeler she needs to be. Despite the question marks one might have over a character gaining so much power so fast that the opponent hardly seems to matter; they may chose to play the block a bit more to deal with this particular problem.
    Congratulations America

I only hope that they don't fuck up the FLICKER FLICKER FLICKER, if the show makes it that far.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I only hope that they don't fuck up the FLICKER FLICKER FLICKER, if the show makes it that far.
    That's next season. Really hope they can keep it in even though they've all been separated.

Are there enough Swedes for all the bad guy roles?

Are there enough Swedes for all the bad guy roles?
    Thanks to the past several decades of Love Jihad White Genocide, there are now enough brown Swedes to play all the villains as well as their partners, parents, stuntmen, and fast food delivery couriers the Age of Legends is now

Some things will not make it from the books to the series, some really cool things will not make it to the series even. But that also means that some really not so good things from the books will not make it to the series. Like several storylines that seemed to be mostly there to take up space while otherwise not really much transpired in WoTWorld. I doubt they have decided to leave out the entire Andor storyline though. You will have to get used to the fact that the story isn't about Rand any longer. Male white savior actually isn't quite the selling point it used to be. The show runners made a choice they had to make, for the simple reason that otherwise the show wouldn't have been made. For lack of an audience big enough to make it worthwhile for Amazon, or anyone else for that matter. You could also wonder if given where the book series ended, Nynaeve wasn't rightly portrayed as the super channeler she needs to be. Despite the question marks one might have over a character gaining so much power so fast that the opponent hardly seems to matter; they may chose to play the block a bit more to deal with this particular problem.
    I'm not sure you understand the male white savior trope - if you are saving an entire world it doesn't match. White savior is about saving, specifically, people of color/minorities. Also it isn't liberal crying about it changes much, Dany was loved in Game of Thrones and she literally fit the mold to a T.