https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/...ends-joe-rogan

"HOUSTON – It wasn’t even a question directed at Israel Adesanya, but he passionately intercepted it when it was asked.

At the UFC 271 pre-fight news conference, promotion president Dana White was asked about recent controversies involving commentator Joe Rogan, which included hosting controversial guests and a resurfaced montage video of him using a the “N-word.”

White didn’t get a chance to answer, as Adesanya took it upon himself to hold court. The UFC middleweight champion passionately defended the UFC commentator and advised him to block out negative comments.

“First off, let me take this one,” Adesanya said. “Hold up. I’m Black. I can take this one. Look, there’s a lot of c*nts in this game. There are a lot of snakes in this game. I’ve been in this fight game since 2008. Joe Rogan is one of the nicest, coolest, humble motherf*ckers I’ve had the pleasure of working with. Understand that.

“F*ck the noise. You know what they’re trying to do. You can’t control the man. He’s got the biggest platform in the world right now. That’s my n*gga Joe Rogan. F*ck the noise. … Just keep doing you, Joe. Have some mushrooms. Keep doing you.”"

And even Jon Stewart is trying to slow down the cancel culture train:

https://nypost.com/2022/02/11/jon-st...isinformation/

"“The New York Times, right, was a giant purveyor of misinformation, and disinformation,” Stewart said of the newspaper’s editorial support for the Iraq war.

“And that’s as vaunted a media organization as you can find, but there was no accountability for them.”

The Times and other mainstream news organizations were criticized for unquestioningly reporting the Bush administration’s claims that Saddam Hussein was developing weapons of mass destruction and that those efforts justified the US invasion.

No such weapons were ever found in Iraq after American troops removed Saddam from power and installed a friendly government in Baghdad.

Stewart said Thursday that while he was “very vocal” in opposing the Iraq war in 2003, he was in the minority.

“Couldn’t I have gone down and fallen down this — if Viacom or Comedy Central had wanted to censor me — or had wanted to take me off the — look, I’m not owed a platform. Nobody is,” he said.

Stewart then added: “But my point is, these are shifting sands, and I think I get concerned with, well, who gets to decide?”"

It seems fairly clear that there's an ongoing effort to target Rogan. So far it looks like an uncomfortable compromise of removing some of the episodes but keeping Rogan around on Spotify. What will happen next?