Thread: How Many Years in Prison?

Default How Many Years in Prison?

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...times/3599680/

A 42-year-old Yonkers man has been arrested on attempted murder as a hate crime and other charges in the vicious caught-on-camera beating of a 67-year-old Asian woman who was attacked as she returned home last week, police said Monday.

Cops responding to a call around 6:15 p.m. Friday for reports of a dispute found the victim bloodied in the vestibule of her building. The suspect, identified as Tammel Esco, was still outside.

According to the investigation, the victim simply passed by Esco on her way home and he yelled a racial slur at her. She ignored him.

When she moved to unlock the second door to enter the lobby, the suspect punched her in the head from behind, knocking her to the floor, then proceeded to punch her in the head and face more than 125 times with alternating fist strikes before foot-stomping her seven times and spitting on her, police say.

The victim suffered facial bone fractures, brain bleeding and multiple contusions and lacerations to her head. She remains hospitalized and is expected to survive.

A witness said she called 911 when she saw Esco punching the woman while on top of her — and that witness' interference may be the only reason the victim is still alive.

"I started knocking on the door, and when I did that it caught his attention, and that's when he got off of her," said Yvette Crespo. "He went out that door, went to the corner, put his hands up," and roared, she said.

Esco, who lives in the building along with the victim, was taken into custody without incident at the scene and later remanded to Westchester County Jail pending his next court appearance. Attorney information for him wasn't immediately clear.

Police said that Esco has a criminal record and has previously served time for assault.

////

So my lefty loonies, how many years should this racist serve in prison?

Well, he triggers you and that's a mitigating circumstance. . .
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Isn't this just normal political discourse, Lewk?

I'd say a pretty heavy sentence since it's a hate crime, but didn't you oppose that?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Isn't this just normal political discourse, Lewk?

I'd say a pretty heavy sentence since it's a hate crime, but didn't you oppose that?
    My stance has evolved. I don't think hate crimes should actually be a thing since a crime of opportunity, personal rage or racial hate all cause the same harm. *HOWEVER* I'm always in favor of harsher sentencing for violent criminals so I actually don't want hate crime enhancements to disappear. In an ideal world the crime of assault/attempted murder would always be the maximum that can now be applied for those crimes with the hate crime extra but since we don't live in an ideal world I wouldn't want those hate crime laws to go away since the outcome would mean smaller sentences for some criminals, and that's almost always bad.

Anyway life in prison should be this piece of shit's sentence.