Thread: NYT Editorial board officially takes a stance against freedom of speech

Default NYT Editorial board officially takes a stance against freedom of speech

I know many 30-40-y-o centrist boomers had taken solace in the NYT's apparent commitment to defending freedom of speech against the onslaught of woke leftist cancel culture, but, in a shocking volte-face, the editorial board has just published this weird-ass attack on freedom of speech as we know it: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/18/o...eech-poll.html

So there you have it folks. The newspaper of record is now firmly on the side of the woke leftist cancel culturers

In all sincerity, what a ludicrous fucking clown emoji of an editorial. If your highly accomplished and well-regarded editors can't even maintain internal consistency in a short argument, you have no business boasting about being the newspaper of record.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Social media, especially twitter, has allowed an unprecedented level of interaction between media consumer and producer. This interaction has lead the commentariat to a disturbing realization: that, contrary to their image of themselves as Serious, Thoughtful People Doing Important Work Vital for the Health of Democracy, millennials and gen-zers, by and large, think they're muppets. They regard this as a political crisis on the level of something like Watergate or iran-contra. Possibly even the cuban missile crisis.

Hence, they won't shut-up about it, and keep unintentionally amplifying the right's culture war narrative.

They seriously think the fact that people think they're stupid clowns is like Animal Farm. It's funny.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I don't think I've ever read something written by the NY Times editorial board that made me think positively of the newspaper. Honestly, I'm amazed the paper continues to exist given this kind of leadership.
    Hope is the denial of reality