Thread: What a Joke

Default What a Joke

https://kdvr.com/news/local/i-225-pr...-to-probation/

"AURORA, Colo. (KDVR) — The man who was found guilty of several criminal charges for firing a gun at a Jeep he believed was trying to run over protesters on Interstate 225 was sentenced to no prison time and will serve five years probation.

Young will serve 90 days in jail for the first count of second-degree assault and an additional 30 days consecutively after for the second count as part of his sentencing. Young already has credit for 50 days served in jail.

The prosecution in Arapahoe County was seeking six years in the Department of Corrections, which was significantly less than the maximum time he faced under sentencing guidelines, which was 16 years.

Judge Ben Leutwyler said there were many factors to consider in this case, including rehabilitation and deterrence.

“I’ve struggled since the day the jury returned their verdict because this has been an unusual case,” Leutwyler said. “Mr. Young, you have presented as an unusual individual.”

The judge pointed to Young’s lack of prior record, his work in the community and his actions that showed remorse in the aftermath of the shooting.

“Your actions were horrific,” he said, pointing out the size of the crowd of hundreds despite Young being a gun owner and understanding the weight of that responsibility.

The judge ordered Young to five years probation for each felony count he faced, including mental health evaluations. Each sentence will run concurrently, meaning they run at the same time. Young will have to pay restitution for each count, for a total amount that will be decided at a later date.

Young was found guilty in March of two counts of second-degree assault, four counts of attempted manslaughter and one count of illegal discharge of a firearm."

Dude literally tried to murder a driver who had done nothing wrong and committed no crimes. And through his (fortunate) incompetence shot two of his own allies. SMH, this judge is a joke as is our justice system at times. Mandatory minimum are desperately needed in this country.

What ever happened to celebrating the good guy with the gun? This guy believed he was acting in self-defense. How is this different to the Rittenhouse case?
    Hope is the denial of reality

You know why. Rittenhouse was shooting at black people, presumably liberals. This guy was shooting at a white conservative. It doesn't matter that the black people were trying to defend themselves and others from Rittenhouse and this guy was trying to defend people from the angry white conservative trying to run protestors down. The only thing that matters is whether the perpetrator or "victim" was on Lewk's right side or not.

Besides, this guy was only there defending lives. We all know Lewk doesn't think lives are very important at all. Rittenhouse was supposedly there in defense of property. And we all know there is NOTHING Lewk holds as a higher value or principle than property
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    What ever happened to celebrating the good guy with the gun? This guy believed he was acting in self-defense. How is this different to the Rittenhouse case?
    The part where it was a bad guy with a gun and not a good guy with a gun? Rosenbaum for example committed multiple crimes including making death threats, arson, assault. The jeep driver committed zero crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    You know why. Rittenhouse was shooting at black people, presumably liberals. This guy was shooting at a white conservative. It doesn't matter that the black people were trying to defend themselves and others from Rittenhouse and this guy was trying to defend people from the angry white conservative trying to run protestors down. The only thing that matters is whether the perpetrator or "victim" was on Lewk's right side or not.

Besides, this guy was only there defending lives. We all know Lewk doesn't think lives are very important at all. Rittenhouse was supposedly there in defense of property. And we all know there is NOTHING Lewk holds as a higher value or principle than property
    Are you retarded? Have you gotten that sucked in by the liberal media that you actually thought Rittenhouse shot black people?

Stupid enough like the IG account highlighted here? https://www.breezejmu.org/news/jmu-i...46ba84ae1.html