Thread: Some personal news

Default Some personal news

So something very strange happened this week:

https://www.newsweek.com/toddler-cle...-blown-1714553

It's been an interesting and positive experience, but the ire I've sparked among a certain type of dudes all over the world may eventually end up being my downfall. My daughter's rationale notwithstanding, parents who've reported back all seem to find the reduced spillage (due to lack of siphoning?) to be the most significant material benefit. I'm also putting this down as a win for paper straws. Obv. the most significant immaterial benefit is the joy of getting to do something your own way. Anyway ymmv don't come after me with pitchforks or @ me with photos of juiceboxes that have swallowed straws unless you can prove 1. you used a paper straw, and 2. your motor skills are at least as good as those of a 2yo
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

This is just so weird. A normal kid would just tip the box with the straw in the corner, even the less intuitive kids would squeeze the box to empty it. The fact that this went this level of viral is...
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

This is fantastic
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

You should save that tweet for when your daughter gets to an age when she's embarrassed of her parents.
    Hope is the denial of reality

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    This is just so weird. A normal kid would just tip the box with the straw in the corner, even the less intuitive kids would squeeze the box to empty it. The fact that this went this level of viral is...
    My favourite part tbh are the testimonials from people saying their toddler does this as well—and from the people confessing to doing this as adults, ever since childhood. Vindication

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    This is fantastic
    It's wonderful and funny a f

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You should save that tweet for when your daughter gets to an age when she's embarrassed of her parents.
    yes that's today

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    this is actually 100% true
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Precious! She's got a good idea for jacket-wearing, too. Happy Father's Day!

That is awesome!

I also used to use my straw like this, but because I was afraid of the bumpy part on my mouth

Your daughter is already an influencer. Or does this mean you are a dadfluencer

That's funny, but not eye opening for your's truly. Great feeling though that going viral.
    Congratulations America

woot!

A little late on posting. Congrats!