Thread: Trans Definitions Round 4 Million and 8

Default Trans Definitions Round 4 Million and 8

Elliot/Ellen Page and Twitter bans has been a thing now so I'm curious how people on this board view said issues.

1. If someone changes their name due some identity crisis when if ever is it acceptable to use the old name. Trivia games? Do they get updated "who starred in Juno?" do they all have to have errata added? Do old news articles have to go back and change their headlines if they used the old name?

2. If sex = male/female and based on biology and gender (as the far left likes to define it) is the social construct man/woman it is therefore acceptable to refer to transwomen as males?

Quite curious to see how clown town answers these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    2. If sex = male/female and based on biology and gender (as the far left likes to define it) is the social construct man/woman it is therefore acceptable to refer to transwomen as males?
    What's the context? Are you writing an article for a medical journal regarding ovarian or testicular cancer? What actual relevance does it have? If the context you're using is socio-cultural, than the obvious answer is kinda glaringly clear, isn't it? What is the purpose of declaring whether your barista or the lawyer who handled your cousin's divorce has two X chromosomes or one X and one Y?

And since I know you're going to bring up sex differences and sports, might I suggest that while there are clear genetic biases in aggregate mean/median/etc data sets, just segregating groups by sex rather than performance is simplistic, lazy, and inaccurate. So much so that we already do exactly that WITHIN each sex-segregated sports group.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    What's the context? Are you writing an article for a medical journal regarding ovarian or testicular cancer? What actual relevance does it have? If the context you're using is socio-cultural, than the obvious answer is kinda glaringly clear, isn't it? What is the purpose of declaring whether your barista or the lawyer who handled your cousin's divorce has two X chromosomes or one X and one Y?

And since I know you're going to bring up sex differences and sports, might I suggest that while there are clear genetic biases in aggregate mean/median/etc data sets, just segregating groups by sex rather than performance is simplistic, lazy, and inaccurate. So much so that we already do exactly that WITHIN each sex-segregated sports group.
    Social media was the perspective here. Twitter views "misgendering" as a ban worthy offense. Would it consider missexxing the same? Should it?

Well, in this case you can't blame lewk for pointing out the fallacy of equating mis-gendering with stating that there are two biological sexes (yes I know, you pedantic twit).

But why do you worry about it Lewk? Isn't it simply good manners to be courteous when addressing a person?
    Last edited by Hazir; 07-08-2022 at 06:38 AM.
    Congratulations America

Who do YOU think should be making those decisions for the company, as a private business? The company and its officers? Its shareholders? The fraud who tried to acquire it and is now trying to back out after he realized having money didn't protect from making screw-ups but just made those screw-ups bigger? Government regulators? Personally, if Twitter made posting on its service a bannable offense, banned everyone, and closed down, I would shed no tears.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"