Thread: More Soft on Crime Bull Shit

Default More Soft on Crime Bull Shit

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kingston-...140037504.html

"A man convicted of assaulting and catastrophically injuring his newborn son in 2008 had his prison sentence reduced on Monday from 25 years to 15 years.

Jacob Matthew Mejia, 31, was 17 years old when assaulted 6-week-old Aiden and left him with permanent brain damage, requiring constant care. A Kitsap County Superior Court jury convicted him of first-degree assault and an “aggravating circumstance” for Aiden being a “particularly vulnerable” victim.

An appellate court upheld Mejia’s conviction and sentence in 2013. However, a later state Supreme Court decision on juvenile sentencing led appellate judges to rule that since Mejia was 17 when he assaulted Aiden he was entitled to be resentenced with a judge considering his youthfulness at the time of the crime.

The court decisions, acknowledging that juveniles have immature brains compared to adults that leave them prone to poor decision-making, have led to an increasing number of resentencings for those convicted of crimes committed when they were juveniles.

Locally those include the fourth sentencing for a South Kitsap man who at age 17 raped and murdered 85-year-old Ann Presler in 1989. The new considerations when sending juveniles to prison will also loom over next month’s sentencing of Lola Luna, 17, convicted last week of second-degree murder for the stabbing death of Syanna Puryear-Tucker. At the time of Puryear-Tucker's death, Luna was 16."

Nations are judged by the empathy they have for the victims of crime. There can be no greater cruelty to the innocent victims of an attack than to provide lenience to those who have harmed them. It is an act of supreme hate that should shock the conscious. And yet time and time again we see Democrats engage in this viciousness.

High school ass prose
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Good title for this thread though, referring to Lewk's general post history is a nice touch.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    There can be no greater cruelty to the innocent victims of an attack than to provide lenience to those who have harmed them.
    True. The cruelty of the acts victimizing them PALE compared to the cruelty of leniency. Mercy is truly the greatest evil Satan introduced to the world. Did you even think of your children's souls when you listened to Satan rather than GOP legislator Charlie Fuqua when they disobeyed you, Lewk?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"