Thread: Dominion goes Fox-hunting

Default Dominion goes Fox-hunting

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/b...n-lawsuit.html

Fascinating insights into the character of the people who control tens of millions of American brains.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Can you imagine if regular news stations did anything like this even close to this scale? Lewk would be spamming about it for days. I'm half surprised he hasn't gone with his usual tricks and posted about some criminal getting killed to dilute this story like he usually does.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Because this news has been out for a while now, I searched as best I could to find any mention of it in brownshirt news media, but found absolutely nothing. Not that the results surprise me since the disclosures are about how they routinely suppress such information, and everyone else is even worse than fox, but would anyone else care to take a stab at it in case my search skills are deteriorating?

I don't want to make a new thread for this, and it's tangentially relevant: Tucker Carlson is the new Minster of Truth for Jan 6

Alt source for Tucker Carlson starting his review of what went wrong during the last insurrection so they can do better next time.

tl;dr: Kevin "Everybody's Bitch" McCarthy has given Tucker Carlson exclusive access to 41,000 hours of Capitol surveillance footage from the Jan. 6 coup attempt.

These people really are as weird as they are pathetic

Opening statements coming up. Everything so far has made Fox and its stable of shit-eaters look even worse than they already did. The judge is expected to instruct the jury that Fox's statements re. Dominion were false (as per Fox's own admission).

Opening statements delayed by 2h and counting... lot of activity though, perhaps indicating last minute attempt to settle. I hope they're not allowed to settle, at least not for less than $1.5bn

EDIT: Abrupt settlement... wonder what made Fox give up Dominion probably made the smart (if disappointing) choice, here. Hope the terms of the settlement also include on-air apologies.
    Last edited by Aimless; 04-18-2023 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    ... Abrupt settlement... wonder what made Fox give up Dominion probably made the smart (if disappointing) choice, here. Hope the terms of the settlement also include on-air apologies.
    Viewer civil suit could be a thing.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Not really, no. Fox settled here because Dominion had the pockets to keep going no matter how long Fox tried to drown them in lawyer fees ( and had a GREAT claim for compensatory damages before any punitives would even come into play. No viewer or class-action firm is going to be able to eat the costs of pursuing the action. And I'll bet you anything that part of the settlement is that Dominion and its laywers can't share their own info, much less the results of their discovery process (and now that Fox and its people spread 'em for the Dominion discovery, they're in a much better position to "lose" their vulnerabilities there) so it will be far harder for new litigants to prove they were knowingly spreading lies. And that's not beginning to address standing.

$787 million payment to Dominion, no admission of wrongdoing or apology by Fox. Hopefully Fox will start hitting people like Liddel with a "settlement surcharge" fee when they sell advertising space.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I hope Smartmatic takes their lawsuit as far as they possibly can before Schwarz and other shareholders pounce on the Murdochs

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Not really, no.
    Don't be so negative. ACLU could use such an action as a fund raiser / membership drive.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Don't be so negative. ACLU could use such an action as a fund raiser / membership drive.
    All right. There's still some chance Xenu will be freed, will take over the judicial system, and simultaneously charge and summarily rule against Fox, their Rosicrucian backers, and the small home movement.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Hehehehehe in related and very funny news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...wrong-contest/

I have the strong suspicion Murdoch simply didn't want to testify in court.
    Congratulations America