Thread: Visions of the GPT-4 era

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you're going for that level of complexity, you could get an equally good answer by using Google.
    Hope is the denial of reality

The main concern is that similarity between people output and AI output can create confusions that allow very nasty schemes of fraud. Basically it will make it hard to differentiate if there is a human or not behind a content, and it will be hard to differentiate if an output was crafted by AI or a human.
    Also the legalization of use of AI companies of copyrighter material to feed AI will legalize AI driven piracy. It will not show up immediately, but it will eventually.
    Aside of that I can foresee AI companies wasting huge amounts of money in areas where using traditional software is more cost effective, and I anticipate copyright abuses on people via contracts to seize rights of people after they die to keep using AI to produce outputs. Basically companies hire you, get data from you, fire you and they make money with yout data forever. If data is your voice, you cannot make a living without voice as they are the owners of your voice.
    Aside of that I anticipate very hilarious outcomes due to the overestimation of AI capabilities due to urban myths derived from the overhype regarding AI.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.