Thread: goat

Default goat

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ta-county-fair

philosopher king determinedly murders little girl's baby goat in quest to improve image on social media
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I've been hearing about this case for months. One thing your article doesn't mention is that before stealing back the goat, before it was ever auctioned off, the family told the Fair they were pulling it out of the auction and the Fair refused. Totally illegal act, the contract was with the girl and state law (possibly federal as well, not sure) provides minors the right to withdraw from contracts even if the terms for the contract do not typically allow for that, as was the case here. This is about some tin-pot FFA ideologue determined to rub a child nose (and those of her family) in their personal opinion that farm animals cannot ever be considered as more than food. It is my sincere hope that they, along with a few other members of the County Fair board/administration find themselves removed at the end of all this
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Even the rep who won the bid for the goat didn't want it slaughtered.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Long purchased the goat for her daughter to enter into the 4-H program with the Shasta District Fair. Children are taught how to care for farm animals. The animals are then entered in an auction to be sold and then slaughtered for meat in hopes of teaching children about the work and care needed to raise livestock and provide food, as farmers and ranchers do.
    I'm sorry, what the fuck? What kind of sadistic shit is this? It's like that urban legend about spetsnaz or whoever having to raise a puppy by hand, then kill it as part of their training.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

This is what happens when you give the Lewks of the world a minimal amount of power.
    Hope is the denial of reality

The 4-H program has to uphold their reputation for taking everything super serious.