Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much does a judge cost?

They are when your friends are all billionaires.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    They are when your friends are all billionaires.
    Truly. How is a lowly SCOTUS judge supposed to get by, surrounded by the wealthy and powerful and with them barely able to afford two or three luxury vacations a year on their own?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

“Congress did not create the Supreme Court,” Alito told the interviewers. “I know this is a controversial view, but I’m willing to say it,” he added. “No provision in the Constitution gives them the authority to regulate the Supreme Court — period.”
    The Supreme court is Supreme, because he says so? Well, he's wrong. The SC has no enforcement powers but Congress does, and can enact all sorts of laws that would "regulate" the court....like the number of justices, term limits, even how much they're paid. There's also an impeachment process, so what the hell is he talking about?

Guys, isn't it a bit unreasonable to expect a Supreme Court Justice to have read the Constitution?
    Hope is the denial of reality

I did think about making a snide comment about that one, seeing as the Supreme Court was literally created by an act of Congress. . .
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

This is turning into one of the finest running gags in modern history

Clarence Thomas’s $267,230 R.V. and the Friend Who Financed It
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."