Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2024 Republican Primaries

very fascinating to see the GOP choosing a destitute religious fanatic as Speaker:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/does-n...a-bank-account

Also fascinated by Shoegate, the latest development in That's Just Ron DeSantis's misbegotten and increasingly depressing campaign.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Jesus Christ. It's so easy Ron.

"You want to talk about my shoes? Is this a Boot Barn commercial or an interview? Now about my tax plan. . ."
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

"My tax plan is to get rid of taxes on platform shoes."
    Hope is the denial of reality

The shoe thing is hands-down wild to me. He campaign is just a disappointment. He overreached and undereached in all the wrong ways. I can't believe I donated $40,000 to his campaign.

At least he didn't reach around, unlike a certain congressperson from Colorado.

And hey, if you have money to blow and enjoy his brand of fascism, who's to tell you not to spend your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    The shoe thing is hands-down wild to me. He campaign is just a disappointment. He overreached and undereached in all the wrong ways. I can't believe I donated $40,000 to his campaign.
    If you did, I can believe it.

You have to be trolling for responses at this point. How screwed up does one's life have to become for one to be this is stupid and hateful?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

You have to live in a world where Disney and drag shows are the biggest threats to the United States. Or maybe just make enough money where he'd benefit from the next GOP plan to destroy the federal government through tax cuts to the wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You have to live in a world where Disney and drag shows are the biggest threats to the United States. Or maybe just make enough money where he'd benefit from the next GOP plan to destroy the federal government through tax cuts to the wealthy.
    Yeah but I mean ideology aside what a clown ass bet...

In a real country this lifelong criminal would already be in jail
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/11/u...on-agenda.html

merry Christmas to all who donated

Federal records show that, by the time of the Iowa caucuses, the DeSantis campaign is on pace to spend significantly more on private jets — the governor’s preferred mode of travel — than on airing television ads.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/24/u...-android-share

Every Republican campaign is at its core a grift.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    That poor man. Maybe he can negotiate with whoever actually wins the nomination to exchange his support for a SCOTUS nomination so he cadge rides like Thomas and Alito
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

He'll be the next CEO of Disney.

I sincerely hope Dread really donated and also that he told his family he donated to keep Ron "human pet guy" DeSantis in the air for 10 hours

I can't come up with anything to accurately express what I feel about this absurd what, farce? Display? Lunacy? If it were about anything besides governing the nation, I'd laugh and forget about it. Same with Trump himself -- I never gave him half a thought before he became the nominee in 2016. It's nightmarish. All of it.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

I honestly thought y'all were making up a quote for me but...

I must have been drunk. I donated $20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-haley-wealth/

Every GOP campaign is [to some extent] a grift.
    Fixed it.

You truly are the king of whataboutism here.

mate that's even more embarrassing

Fixed it.
    Seriously, what the fuck happened to you? It's like what happened to my parents, but they're in their 80s and watched Fox news all day when they weren't listening to right wing radio. Fuck me.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Are we supposed to believe the GOP is anything but the party of treason?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...lts-rcna132700

Johnson said, adding that Trump’s remarks are “not hateful” because what the former president “is trying to advance is his America-first priority.”
    Can't decide what's worse, their stupidity or their bigotry

Johnson still refuses to admit that Biden won the 2020 election.