Thread: Okay, my post in the music wanking thread made me think of this.

Default Okay, my post in the music wanking thread made me think of this.

What song best sums up your life?

Right now, in the past, whatever.

Pick the one song that best represents you.

Not your favorite song, not even necessarily one you would listen to, just the song that is you.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    Hmm, just one song then.

Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post

Not your favorite song, not even necessarily one you would listen to, just the song that is you.
    I've always felt Don't Stop Believing will basically be my wedding song, except that it would be uncool to actually have played at my wedding.

Bon Jovi...It's My Life! I have lived that way ALL my life. I am the poor slob living this life...it must be mine!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post

Not sure about this, I have two (sorry, but they're connected ) that do present my view upon life.

Once in a lifetime. About how we always want to impossible and forget to enjoy what we have and just enjoy life.

Road to nowhere. At the end of your life there's nothing. But I like this song optimism about traveling that road to nowhere.

No idea whether those are the actual accepted interpretations, but they're mine. And David Byrne is the man.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I couldn't possible come up with one. But I like Ziggy's choices. I'd toss out this:

Oh, and Dread made me LOL. Journey, dude!

At the risk of seeming pretentious, I'm going to post classical

It's a very happy piece of music. Although I think the piece is better when the intro is played by the full orchestra (I guess it's more conversational that way), this is far and away my favorite recording of it. My girlfriend teases me whenever we listen to it because I start grinning like an idiot

I think this is a pretty temporary state of affairs, though. A more melancholic piece of music would better represent me on the whole. Not really tragic, but somewhat muted.

I think I'd pick this one:

Funky Town by Lipps Inc.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

I dunno if this will work or not, but this is definitely me! The Friend, with his shiny Volvo truck with lots of chrome is afraid I wanna drive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kvtwfNT7sM
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Or this one from last winter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraOiHUltak
    Last edited by oldmunchkin; 06-12-2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: I am an idiot!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Funky Town by Lipps Inc.

Richtig!
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I started something I couldn't finish- The Smiths

The queen is dead, the smiths.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.