Thread: SAG-AFTRA set to join writers' strike

Default SAG-AFTRA set to join writers' strike

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/actors-gui...075545575.html

Afaict SAG-AFTRA will join the WGA strike. No acting, no press junkets, no active participation in SDCC (according to one source), etc.

Last time both writers and actors went on strike together was like over 60 years ago, with the immensely impactful action led by notorious communist and union leader Ronald Reagan:

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...lywood/248391/

Anyway, a heartfelt congratulations to us all on the extraordinary boost to our productivity we're about to enjoy in 2024.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Time to catch up on the dozen good shows I missed from this year alone.
    Hope is the denial of reality

There are no good shows or bad shows—there are only shows I like and shows Hazir likes

Good for them, proper pay for work for everyone
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Time to catch up on the dozen good shows I missed from this year alone.
    Ironically part of the does seem to be an oversupply of Content...

I have lots of friends who are on strike right now, though admittedly a lot of them have had trouble finding work the last year because the industry already hit Peak Content in mid 2022. I feel bad for them. But I don't think even the best deal is going to change the business reality that there will probably be less stuff produced over the next few years.

I'm just glad we got The Expanse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    There are no good shows or bad shows—there are only shows I like and shows Hazir likes
    Thank God Succession already ended. I couldn't have lived without the closure season 4 gave. I could easily live with nothing new from Marvel for a while after trying 'Secret Invasion' before episode 2 was halfway through, my phone was juiced up again and the clear winner in the struggle for my attention
    Congratulations America

I'm fast-forwarding through the episodes in solidarity with the exploited workers. The world and all our establishments are controlled by a cabal of shape-shifting reptilian refugees intent on replacing us—their gracious hosts—through deception and a savage race-war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Ironically part of the does seem to be an oversupply of Content...

I have lots of friends who are on strike right now, though admittedly a lot of them have had trouble finding work the last year because the industry already hit Peak Content in mid 2022. I feel bad for them. But I don't think even the best deal is going to change the business reality that there will probably be less stuff produced over the next few years.

I'm just glad we got The Expanse.
    The contract expired at a really bad time, with everyone freaking out about AI (in some ways, rightfully so). The pricing model of streaming companies doesn't really lend itself well to paying actors. Not sure how they can get around that.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I'm fast-forwarding through the episodes in solidarity with the exploited workers. The world and all our establishments are controlled by a cabal of shape-shifting reptilian refugees intent on replacing us—their gracious hosts—through deception and a savage race-war.
    Oh, now that you write it that way, I realized that's a full flung anti-semitic storyline.
    Congratulations America

I can't believe they got it past the finish line in 2023... it would be so fascinating to learn how tf that happened. Everyone responsible must have been asleep at the wheel.

I can't believe they got it past the finish line in 2023... it would be so fascinating to learn how tf that happened. Everyone responsible must have been asleep at the wheel.
    Well, it is sleep inducing.
    Congratulations America

Apparently the season finale was even worse than the aforementioned protocols of the elders of skrullos so I no longer know whether or not I support the writers