Thread: Y'all still doing Masks?

Default Y'all still doing Masks?

In Texas mask wearing is pretty much dead. What about around the world and in your lefty cities? What's your experience where you live?

It's extremely uncommon to see masked people in The Netherlands or Turkey these days. The only restriction I am aware of is that you should stay at home if you have tested positive for covid (self test)
    Congratulations America

With patients or when working with piles of leaves and dirt.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    In Texas mask wearing is pretty much dead. What about around the world and in your lefty cities? What's your experience where you live?
    I very rarely see masks. They were required in the assisted living facility my grandmother went to, last fall and still are now that she's been moved to hospice. I wear mine when I'm sick and might be contagious but I haven't worn it for my own safety since I got the booster.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Wearing masks has not been mandatory for quite a while over here. The last version of masking regulations required mask wearing in medical institutions, and that one was cancelled back in May. I have seen some people wearing them since then, but very rarely.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

I only wear masks in some healthcare settings, when I'm trying not to spread Covid (e.g. when I recently got Covid with my son and was isolating from my wife and daughter), or when I would have worn one before Covid (e.g. some workplace environments like cleanrooms or certain kinds of machining operations).

My son, who started wearing masks when he was not yet 2, continues to insist on wearing them to his pre-K class every day (several other classmates do as well, though it's definitely optional). When he shifts to kindergarten in September, though, we will officially retire them at the transition. Poor guy doesn't really know what life is like without regular masking.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

I live near Ann Arbor - as liberal as Michigan gets - and I only infrequently see mask usage, usually older people and maybe those who are vulnerable like cancer patients or something. I last wore a mask during my bout of covid post thanksgiving last year, to avoid infecting others. I occasionally see people wear masks in work settings - like baristas - and sometimes those folks are doing the under-nose thing. I just have to wonder... you're wearing that mask by choice, so why the fuck are you not wearing it correctly? I always assumed those that under-nosed when masks were mandatory were doing it out of protest, or they hated the mask and didn't give a shit. But now I'm thinking a lot of them just might have been stupid.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Some people still wear masks in public spaces/crowds, mostly they're elderly who look rather frail, so it's probably not a bad idea.
    There was an uptick of masks any time we had an Air Quality Index alert from the Canadian wildfires. The smoke was really bad and the particulate matter was "extremely unhealthy" for all groups.