Thread: Soft on Crime Kills Tech CEO

Default Soft on Crime Kills Tech CEO

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/jason...rder/45349663#

"Billingsley made a virtual court appearance Friday morning for a bail review involving four separate cases from two jurisdictions -- LaPere's killing, an arson and rape on Sept. 19, a gun theft in Baltimore County and a failure to register as a sex offender charge. Billingsley was ordered to remain held without bail.

The state called the Sept. 19 attack "extremely disturbing" and called LaPere's killing "a heinous case," telling the judge that Billingsley allegedly waived his Miranda rights and confessed after his arrest.

Prosecutors told the judge that Billingsley admitted to beating the victim to death "with a brick and his hands." In court, the defense did not ask to be heard on the bond issue. Bot the public defender and assistant state's attorney declined comment outside of court."

Horrific and brutal crime. If only there was some way this could have been prevented... oh wait there was:

"No one is alleging the Division of Correction did anything wrong in releasing Billingsley early. The conversation centers around diminution credits, sometimes referred to as "good-time credits."

In 2015, Billingsley had been in prison after pleading guilty to a first-degree sex offense. The mayor at Thursday's news conference said Billingsley should have stayed in prison for previous crimes.

"Rapists shouldn't be let out early, period. When you rape someone ... you should not get out early, period, for that kind of offense," Scott said."

Soft on crime kills people. Violent criminals do not deserve additional chances to main and kill.

Unless the violence involved trying to kill Capitol Police officers, right?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Unless the violence involved trying to kill Capitol Police officers, right?
    I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I'm the guy who thinks more rioters on J6 should have been gunned down like Ashley Babbitt.

Weren't you whining about how Roger Stone (or a similar fossil) was getting handcuffed?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Weren't you whining about how Roger Stone (or a similar fossil) was getting handcuffed?
    I vaguely recall something about that. I believe it was in relation to it being a raid. Raiding a house of someone who is highly unlikely to resist is a waste of resources and can lead to violence where none is needed. You trying to arrest a suspected murder? Hell yeah raid the place. You trying to arrest someone for a non-violent crime you should need a shit ton of justification for it instead of just asking to have him turn himself in. And then to by chance have a CNN crew near is just... yeah something alright.