Thread: Good its time to get tough on nonsense like this

Default Good its time to get tough on nonsense like this

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...156efa7c8.html

COEUR d'ALENE - Vicki Jean Fehrs, 55, formerly of Mullan, was indicted by a Coeur d'Alene federal grand jury on Tuesday for four counts of bankruptcy fraud stemming from a bankruptcy case she filed in August 2005.

The indictment alleges that Fehrs committed a scheme to defraud her creditors and the bankruptcy trustee by transferring a house she owned in Mullan to her teenage son to protect her interest in it from creditors while discharging over $500,000 in unsecured debt.

The indictment further alleges that Fehrs made false statements in bankruptcy documents, that during a bankruptcy trial she gave false testimony under oath concerning details about the house, and that she concealed $47,995 in proceeds from the sale of the house from the bankruptcy trustee and creditors.

She will make her initial appearance in federal court in Coeur d'Alene on July 20. The maximum statutory penalty for bankruptcy fraud is five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Any sentence following conviction, however, would be imposed by the court after consideration of the U.S. sentencing guidelines and the federal statute governing the imposition of a sentence.

"Though financial times are tough, trust and honesty are still the bedrock upon which our economy and court system are based," U.S. Attorney Tom Moss said. "Fraud in bankruptcy proceedings will be prosecuted."

The case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in cooperation with the United States Trustee Program.

An indictment is a means of charging a person with criminal activity. It is not evidence.

The person is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.vvvvvvv

I hope they through the book at this criminal. People don't seem to understand that every time someone files for bankruptcy everyone else foots the bill. The bank that lost the money passes on the costs in the form of higher rates or fees. There are some people who have filed for bankruptcy on more then one occasion! When someone commits fraud like this (which is basically out and out theft from everyday people in America) they need to face the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I hope they through the book at this criminal. People don't seem to understand that every time someone files for bankruptcy everyone else foots the bill. The bank that lost the money passes on the costs in the form of higher rates or fees. There are some people who have filed for bankruptcy on more then one occasion! When someone commits fraud like this (which is basically out and out theft from everyday people in America) they need to face the music.
    Yes, she is a criminal throw and throw.

But you don't express similar outrage against corporate malfeasance, where we're talking FAR more money. Odd.

Should they shoot her, Lewk

Take her out back, kneel, face down, crying her eyes out, her children crying in the sidelines. A soldier walks up behind her, spits on the back of her head, shoots her in the back of her neck. Then kicks the corpse as it collapses onto the dirty soil.

Live, on FOX News

Did you get hard reading that?

I think you did
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

What Lewk doesn't understand is that catching people doing this isn't uncommon. I wonder why he thinks "its time" to get tough on this. Its not exactly easy to hide where your 2nd and 3rd cars, or McMansion, ran off to right after your financial shit hit the fan.

Also, whats this got to do with people who file for bankruptcy more than once in their life?

Rush told him to do it. Or Rush's equivalent. Seriously, how do you think he came across a news item in a Couer d'Alene news source? Just cruising the internet? Or was it featured on some frothing far right radio show? It's where Lewk gets all of his ideas.

Wrong thread. You lost?

WTF, I know posted in the other one...this is the like the third time that happened to me.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Rush told him to do it. Or Rush's equivalent. Seriously, how do you think he came across a news item in a Couer d'Alene news source? Just cruising the internet? Or was it featured on some frothing far right radio show? It's where Lewk gets all of his ideas.
    Nope it didn't come from a radio show, fox news or a conservative forum.

Take her out back, kneel, face down, crying her eyes out, her children crying in the sidelines. A soldier walks up behind her, spits on the back of her head, shoots her in the back of her neck. Then kicks the corpse as it collapses onto the dirty soil.
    I'm not sure why her children would be there. Also the soldier is acting very unprofessionally.

I'm not sure why her children would be there.
    Deterrence.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

God-damn right
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

And I thought the firing-squad was long gone, then they executed that guy in Utah by firing-squad last week!

Lewk, do you just, in general, hate people who are in the situation where they must file bankruptcy? I seem to recall a discussion we had about this a few years ago, but the Munchkin brain is kinda mushy anymore so could be wrong. No, I don't think she should have hidden assets, that is fraud pure and simple, but maybe she felt stuck between the creditors and the debt collectors!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

<snip>

An indictment is a means of charging a person with criminal activity. It is not evidence.

The person is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.vvvvvvv

Yes, if she's guilty I hope she gets the full penalty of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Yes, she is a criminal throw and throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Should they shoot her, Lewk

<snip>

Did you get hard reading that?
    As a scientist, you should- I mean how- Consistency.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    As a scientist, you should
    Don't you start this horse-shit too

Don't you start this horse-shit too
    Sorry.

The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Lewk, do you just, in general, hate people who are in the situation where they must file bankruptcy?
    I don't hate them. For the most part other then situations like extreme medical debt issues I dislike how easy it is to file for bankruptcy. Many people racked up their credit cards to buy toys and go out and have fun instead of saving and delaying gratification.

I don't hate them. For the most part other then situations like extreme medical debt issues I dislike how easy it is to file for bankruptcy. Many people racked up their credit cards to buy toys and go out and have fun instead of saving and delaying gratification.
    They're in the minority, though; medical expenses are the number one reason for personal bankruptcy in the US.

They're in the minority, though; medical expenses are the number one reason for personal bankruptcy in the US.
    It's that fuckin' Obamacare screwing everybody ALREADY! Vote Republican in November boys! We don't want to be Nazi Communists do we! Fucking socialized everything!
    The Rules

Nope it didn't come from a radio show, fox news or a conservative forum.
    So you are just cruising the news of Couer d'Alene? Keeping an eye on the while supremacists?

I'm not sure why her children would be there. Also the soldier is acting very unprofessionally.
    Look, you rabid lackwit. Your inability to properly use quote functions caused you to attribute a quote to me that isn't my style. Cut it the fuck out.

No due process. Hearsay of the owner, could settle grudges. Extorting $400 from anybody who is "accused." Taking the law into their own hands.

Lewk will have a wet dream over this.

So you are just cruising the news of Couer d'Alene? Keeping an eye on the while supremacists?
    Nope. I got it off a liberal forum. Democratic Underground - where I go to see train wrecks.

Do you write for Conservapedia Lewk?
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Nope. I got it off a liberal forum. Democratic Underground - where I go to see train wrecks.
    Nice to see we aren't the only place Lewk trolls. The news didn't get any responses over there, and it took 20 whole minutes for Lewk to spread it over here. No wonder he shows a complete lack of understanding on so many of the "news" articles he posts, he doesn't even give himself time to read them fully.
    Nonshocker of the day, this is from Idaho.

I wonder if he considers this site a train-wreck.

Wouldn't surprise me, he does like setting fire to high speed trains with lol crim deserved to die for stealing toothpaste on board and sending them careering down the track toward the inevitable lewk you're a dumbass.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 06-24-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Many people racked up their credit cards to buy toys and go out and have fun instead of saving and delaying gratification.
    Really does that actually work? Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna try this one for sure...

People need to stop getting sick !!!

I hear obesity is an epidemic over there.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.