Thread: A Note to the Community

Default A Note to the Community

Phonxe~ Hey guys, I wanted to drop in and update everyone as to what’s going on with the forums after the last few days.

It appears that some of the changes we have made have caused a negative reaction amongst some of our most valuable and committed members. The feedback is that it’s not so much the changes themselves which have caused ripples, it’s more how we made them. And in that respect, perhaps we could have been a bit more collaborative. Lesson learned.

So in the spirit of that collaboration, it would be worth us explaining why it is we are making this changes. Which is as follows:

We understand that the forums have not been given the attention they deserve for a long time, and as a result things have been allowed here for years that should never have been allowed in the first place. This ranges from content which is somewhat inappropriate to comments and imagery that are downright offensive.

We are striving to turn the forums, and the rest of the Atari website, into a place where relevant conversation about Atari, video games and related topics can thrive without distraction.

Looking to the future, I am confident that if we are all understanding of each other and work together, we can make these forums a place where everyone, not just one segment, but everyone on the forums can be happy about, and proud to call home. I understand and embrace the fact that everyone here is so passionate, but we need to channel that away from topics which are simply inappropriate for these forums.

Me ~ He speaks at last! Still bullshit though
    Praise the man who seeks the truth, but run from the one who has found it.

Default Re: A Note to the Community

That was... bright.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar

Why does he consider politics inappropriate, but not threads about babies?
    I enjoy blank walls.

Because he's a dumbfuck.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Someone politicize a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught
    Someone politicize a baby.
    Palin is so yesterday's news
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermarioman View Post
    Why does he consider politics inappropriate, but not threads about babies?
    Fascism perhaps?