Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The barn door

Default The barn door

Why do men's underwear have a barn door? OK, I understand that its purpose is to take out your junk to pee, but the fact is that it is FAR easier t just pull down the front of your drawers and pee over the top. I think in my entire life I have only used the barn door to try it, after which I conclude yet again that it is pointless.

Am I unique here? Do other guys use the barn door and find it more effective? I find it to be a pointless bit of engineering, and downright annoying in my boxers, since they often gape open. Not bad in briefs, but still superfluous.

The barn door is only for sneaking in some sex in the coat closet where you don't have time or space to fully disrobe.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

It's usually easier to use "the barn door" (Christ what a phrase) when you're wearing straight pants or similar, which tend to have retarded fastening mechanisms and/or are a bit tight because you want to look your best in a suit. That said, the easiest time peeing is when one wears a skirt
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

The band makes it harder to know if you're really done or if you're going to get a yellow flood inside your pants after the pressure is taken off. 'Barn-door' as you call it is a lot safer that way; less risk of surprise encores.
    Congratulations America

It's an emergency escape hatch for unforseen boners.

What's underwear?
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    What's underwear?
    Something for children to wear so they don't get in trouble at school for not wearing appropriate undergarments.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    The band makes it harder to know if you're really done or if you're going to get a yellow flood inside your pants after the pressure is taken off. 'Barn-door' as you call it is a lot safer that way; less risk of surprise encores.

though I never heard it called a 'barn door' before..
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The trap door is used to urinate discreetly in public on government buildings, similar to the closet sex

I've never heard it called the barn door. Nor do I quite get how it's easier to pee standing up without it. I mean, you have to shove your pants down far enough to get everything over the waist. And you risk what Hazir talks about.

And yes, you can have sex through it randomly. I guess the point is to allow you to pull out your dick without exposing your whole dick/making it less obvious that your dick is out.

It's a god damned flap.

Who the fuck wears Y-fronts.

Christ you lot are about as trendy as my grandad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post

I assumed they were talking about boxers....
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post

I wear boxers for every day, briefs for sports (keeps stuff from flopping so much).

No, you don't need to pull down your pants. Unzip, yank down front of ders, and pee. Pants are still up. Much faster. And no, I've never had a surprise yellow flood. FFS, you don't let's the waistband strangulate your peeper. Have had sex through barn door, but only as a lark. Totally indiscreet, not sure who you think you're kidding. The thrusting is a dead giveaway, right? Likewise with the peeing posture, unless you go hands free, which is a recipe for splashing your shoes.

So you guys actually wend your dick out the barn door every time you pee? Sheesh.

It takes a special kind of guy to get high and mighty about penis wrangling during daily urination procedures
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I really don't think I wanted to know about Tear's undies.

This is quite hilarious!

Well, I was just curious, so I figured I'd ask.

And Lolli, you know what kind of ders our former president wore, why should you fuss about knowing my preference? I don't think it's quite in the TMI category.

I can tell you one thing---they're a pain in the ass for toddler boys learning how to pee in the toilet. The flap is never big enough in that size of underpants. Just easier to pull the whole waist band down. Or pee sitting down.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    And Lolli, you know what kind of ders our former president wore, why should you fuss about knowing my preference? I don't think it's quite in the TMI category.
    I've always thought of you running around wearing nothing but a banana hammock.

Heh, I was looking for a suitable photo just to make it complete, and found the most amusing website. This should really become a part of the cheezburger network.
    http://www.awkwardboners.com/

I wear boxers now, quick flap, sometimes with a button. Growing up in grade school I had undies, and the fabric used in the front flap overlapped so much, it almost felt like I was digging in the front of my pants. The underwear usually ended up getting pulled down just enough, even if the pants didn't come down.

I always thought the barn door was the zipper to your pants (UrbanDictionary agrees), never heard it related to underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    No, you don't need to pull down your pants. Unzip, yank down front of ders, and pee. Pants are still up. Much faster.
    You don't have to pull down your pants to use the boxer flap. That's the point.

But more importantly, your method requires you to jam down the elastic of your underwear below your dick or balls to avoid said pressure on the dick. So you wear out the underwear and have to exert a ton more pressure with your wrist just to pee.

Also, it is possible to pee hands free with no splashing if you're peeing off something that's elevated off the ground with a gap between your legs. Namely between two moving subway cars.

Lolli- That site is kinda hilarious. Loved this one: http://www.awkwardboners.com/2009/10/star-trek-stiffy/

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    But more importantly, your method requires you to jam down the elastic of your underwear below your dick or balls to avoid said pressure on the dick. So you wear out the underwear and have to exert a ton more pressure with your wrist just to pee.
    No, the pressure provides perfect support for hand-free peeing!

Or the elastic slips suddenly and you find yourself peeing in your pants. Or, best case, just pinching your grundel with a waistband for no reason.

I like that we're having a debate on the logistics of taking a piss while keeping your pants on.
    . . .

Well, obviously taking your pants off and sitting is also a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Well, obviously taking your pants off and sitting is also a viable option.
    I've heard that NASA has figured out a way for a person to pee in space.
    . . .

Easily the best part of the Apollo 13 movie

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I've heard that NASA has figured out a way for a person to pee in space.
    Ostensibly CCCP figured it out first