Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Optimized Site?

Well now I am using the Opera 10.whatever browser.

And nothing has ever loaded well on my phone, which is why I have mainly stuck to using it for email and cursing my stupidity for buying this one instead instead of something better for $100 more (and it was over $100 for this one, so some people would probably call that pricey, anyway). I should know that the cheapest thing that will do the job is almost never the cheapest thing.

Anyway, I'll keep fucking with it - because I'm going to be interwebless for 2.5 weeks or so.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Is there any way to put a very thin semi-transparent grey line around text in the quote tag on the mobile theme?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    It works on my (android) phone using opera mini, but is there any way to see what part of a post is a quote?
    How is it now?

The quote box leaves me having to horizontal scroll where I didn't before.

Also, there is a random } at the top left corner.

The mark forums read link gives me a invalid security token even when I try it on the computer instead of the phone.

And why does the link at the bottom that says Mobile theme by Darko take me to http://twf.com.au/

Could be useful if instead it took us to a listing of different themes.

As it is the only way to switch is to log out and back in, or know the link of the theme you want.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    The mark forums read link gives me a invalid security token even when I try it on the computer instead of the phone.
    Try a hard refresh and let me know if it persists. It may be from the upgrade. I'll take a look at the rest in a few minutes.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I also still think a way of jumping to the first unread post in a thread would make this more usable than it is currently. As it is having to scroll through an entire page can be frustrating. I also want to know if anyone else is unable to type anything in the reply box after putting in a ".". It is annoying to have to go back through and add them once you are done. And I have sent many properly punctuated text messages (and even longer emails and a wordpress blog post) with no issues, so this one isn't just my defective phone.

testing. Nope. Phone 'feature'?

Also, there is a random } at the top left corner.
    Gone. Typo from adding the quote box.

And why does the link at the bottom that says Mobile theme by Darko take me to http://twf.com.au/
    Also gone.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    works just fine for me. Even after leaving a dot on the page.
    By the way: swype is a nice input method. If only a German dictionary was available...

The quote box leaves me having to horizontal scroll where I didn't before.
    I can't make it cause h-scroll. Which browser is it on your phone?

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    I can get a repro. I'll investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    works just fine for me. Even after leaving a dot on the page.
    By the way: swype is a nice input method. If only a German dictionary was available...
    Swype is great Surprised they don't have German, since they do have Dutch..
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I can't make it cause h-scroll. Which browser is it on your phone?
    I'm using Opera.

And since I don't have a touch screen, Swype is pretty useless.

Added a ">" on the thread list that takes you to the first unread post.

I saw that when I was looking at the h-scroll.

I was just too busy bitching to say thanks.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to help with the h-scroll thing. I can't force a repro on anything I've got.

We need better funding so I can have a proper test environment.

Made threads with unread posts show up bolded.

It's not so important, really.

Maybe what you need is funding for a plane ticket.

The "go to first unread post" button/">" in the mobile theme seems to have disappeared...

I disagree.

It's analagous to the down arrow on the classic blue screen. It only shows when there's actually an unread post. Perhaps you read them all?

Logged in a few times today on my phone and noticed its absence.

There are new posts in certain threads (evidenced by appearing in the "New Post" list and having bold headlines). But no ">" with a direct link to the new post...

I see the >, but it's at the end of the thread title instead of in front, maybe that;s why you missed it?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Should it be at the front? I just shoved it in there where I thought it made sense, but I'm not really a consumer of that style, so if you guys want it moved...

It used to be in end...but I'm seriously just not seeing it today when I checked on my phone on the train.

Maybe it's just a defect of your phone, like mine objecting to punctuation on the forum, but nowhere else.

I have decided that my punctuation problem was actually with Opera Mobile. The post is with IE, and it is allowing me to have my "." I tried Opera Mini, it is even shittier.

So now I know. I'd still prefer blaming Wraithy, though.

I think the mobile theme was actually designed for a touch screen phone. It's actually usable now, although I'm now going to ask for that reply with quote link Trixy wants so badly.

Hey, wraithy, I'm going to ask for more on the mobile theme, again. Can I have a link on top to who is online, or would that break things, too?

Without any real knowledge of this, I don't suppose a link would be bad in itself. But the issue with a mobile theme is that everything we ad makes the site potentially slower for everyone using it because it ads precious more HTML to load in a possibly narrower "tube" of an Internet connection.

That's true, of course, but do many people really have a problem? The normal site runs perfectly fast on my mobile phone, the problem is more that it doesn't compact itself all neat and pretty and easy to scroll through.

I wouldn't be as concerned about the bandwidth as the additional clutter. Will need sign off from other mobile theme users before I can really go ahead and do it.