Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mobile Optimized Site?

I access the site on 2G/Edge from my phone when traveling, so I do think keeping it sparge for layout and bandwidth purposes is something we should be conscious of. But I don't see a problem with just this link itself if you think it will be useful.

The added bandwidth is really tiny. It's just the text required to list all the names. If you're willing to actually open a thread at all, then the added bandwidth from this would be completely insignificant.

As to how useful it'd be, I have no opinion.

I think Flixy and Minx both use the mobile theme as well, so I'd like to hear their feedback as well.

Beat them up until they answer.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I'm not doing work for the opportunity to have more work.

It's not like you don't get paid for it.

There's a solution for that

I thought this was just a link that went to a list of people online...it would appear in every thread?

All I want is a list of people online. It could replace the thing about groups under user CP in the mobile theme.

It's not something that is all that important, or that would probably be used that often by anyone using the mobile theme. I wanted it last night, that's the only reason I even looked for it.

Now if Wraithy wanted to make the mobile theme black, with white text and purple links, that would be fucking awesome.

It would be good if quotes on the mobile theme had a darker color in the background. On my phone, it is very difficult to tell the different between a quote the rest of the text. Like, CED1D3.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Should be easy enough to do. Tonight or tomorrow.

1. index pages designed kinds like the mobile theme of life hacker? ie boxy links, easier to click, great looking esp on phones.

2. time stamps smaller than regular post text? and/or gray font.

3. more noticeable dividers between paras, eg black, thicker, reaches both edges?

4. indent post text relative to poster name? slightly increased distance between poster name and post?

no opinion on online members link, not bothered either way! but thanks a bunch for the theme switcher!

Just tell him you want the members link, he'll do it if anyone besides me says they want it.

He fucking hates me, you know.

I'm kind of curious about who ever uses the mobile theme, and if they are using it because their phone can't handle the regular ones, or because the other forum themes just look really fucking ugly from their phones. I don't necessarily need or want less features, it just annoys the hell out of me that I have to scroll all over the place to use the normal skins on my phone - or I'd be using my purple one because the mobile one is fucking ugly.

Maybe we should wait until the new "official" vBulletin mobile theme is live so we can compare the two and not foist requests of Wraith?

But teasing Wraith is so much fun!

(Don't ban me )
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It would be good if quotes on the mobile theme had a darker color in the background. On my phone, it is very difficult to tell the different between a quote the rest of the text. Like, CED1D3.
    Wouldn't have made you wait, but I hadn't realized I'd already done the work to make it easy to control the background color of the quotes. So, there you go. CED1D3.

Much better. Cheers.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Just tell him you want the members link, he'll do it if anyone besides me says they want it.

He fucking hates me, you know.

I'm kind of curious about who ever uses the mobile theme, and if they are using it because their phone can't handle the regular ones, or because the other forum themes just look really fucking ugly from their phones. I don't necessarily need or want less features, it just annoys the hell out of me that I have to scroll all over the place to use the normal skins on my phone - or I'd be using my purple one because the mobile one is fucking ugly.
    What browser do you use? Opera Mini has a mobile mode which makes sure the only scrolling you have to do is vertical. I use the mobile theme because the other ones are filled with junk that eats up screen real estate.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I'm using IE right now, I never liked any of the other mobile browsers on my old phone, so haven't bothered to check to see if they are any better now.

Thinking about it, though, I think I'd also get annoyed with avatars and sigs if I were using a non-mobile theme on my phone.

I'm actually using a stylebot-modified version of the mobile theme on my desktop right now

I suggest removing the "home" link from the top row, and replacing it with the "up" link.

I'm using the same Default Style on both the PC and iPhone. If you double-tap the screen to view the post you only have the post on the screen anyway, rest of it is gone. Simples.

On my iPad i can't navigate inside the type box. That means that if i quote a longer text i can't get to wher i can write the reply.
    Congratulations America

I had the same issue with our Ipads at work. The text box has no scroll bar.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I do think our original mobile theme is far superior. Not as pretty, but much faster and more functional. Plus you can read it at work and it doesn't look like a forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I had the same issue with our Ipads at work. The text box has no scroll bar.
    Yeah, that's a better way of putting it.
    Congratulations America