Thread: Upgrades or what?

Default Upgrades or what?

Wondering because I can access general chat and site discussion but not debate =P
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Yes, upgrades. Didn't notice at first because I can access it with my credentials. Give me a minute. Fixing now.

Ah sweet! I'll let you know if it begins to work again (hasn't yet, don't worry the public is still safe )

Now we have two debate forums listed on the forum index page, where the real one will get you an "invalid forum" message and the fake one will get you only emptiness there are also two Wraithies listed, that's a little creepy.

You da man! Sorry bout the hassle

Couldn't figure out what the problem was - everything looked to be in order. So instead of screwing with it for another half hour, I just used the nuclear option of creating a new forum and moving all the threads from the old one to it.

Very effective

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why the forums are much slower for me now since the upgrade?

The cache had to be cleared for the upgrade. Things will speed up again back to where it was as it's used. Right now, pretty much everything has to pull data fresh.

Aha, whew

I'm an addict

The forum no longer indicates which page I'm on within a thread, on the page/links on the bottom right of a thread being viewed.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

IE7, blue classic, 1024x768, quotes at the beginning of a post appear several inches/lines down from the top of the post box, about the area the left side user information stops. Think we had this happen before when we jumped onto vB.

but nice to see the "last post by" information showing up in more spots, I missed that from the old place.

In Dark Vision, it doesn't show what page you are on in the numbers on top and bottom of the page (used to be highlighted).
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Wraithy, you also broke the favicon.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

The posts previews that were on the right side of the content.php page are now gone. I'm fine with that, 99% of the time they didn't make sense because they didn't pick up any of the bracket coding.

But now the msnbc box is lonely and the page looks unbalanced. Adsense time?

Whoops. Comes from me having to replace the D&D forum. Will fix.

But since you brought up adsense...any objections?

No problem with that from me.

Looks like the shot tag is broken.
    Click to view the full version

No objection to AdSense either. If we enable it, we should allow for full-size image ads so that we get revenue from CPM display buyers. I can help configure if needed.

Wraithy -- any help directing me to the right fields to tinker with the mobile theme?