Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's been a good year for Change

Default Re: It's been a good year for Change

One year later, and he still blames everything on Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by '
    ['ear]Also, Obama has handled the worst crisis since the Depression, one that many analysts of various credos feared would collapse the system. He also shook up health care reform, though we'll see what we get in the end. He has re-opened dialog with some of our "enemies," and applied more effective pressure on Iran that W ever did.
    Wow, and you say I don't think critically.

Please explain:

1) How Obama uniquely handled the financial crisis? Specific executive orders, legislation signed, etc.

2) The fruits of his engagement with Iran so far.

I know you weren't asking me but since nobody's talking to me now I hope you don't mind if I interject my answers.

1) Placatory addresses to the nation.

2) Sanctions haven't risen to the level that Halliburton would be forced to stop doing business there.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I think Cash For Clunkers had an impact. It's a Sign of Things To Come. Many say that it's horribly inefficient, but just maybe it took a lot of dirty cars off the street, at a massive expense to the taxpayers of course...

Another thing that I would like to point out is loan availability. Reading various articles on the issue, it turned out that late last year loans for small companies weren't really that hard to come by -- it's just the big companies having issues. Now, from the general mood of various business/economics papers/journals I follow, it seems that many small companies simply can't get loans anymore while big companies are making a massive profit.

It's to be expected that after a recession companies make good profits (since their competitors are dead), but what does it say about our economic system when small companies are dying off at the same time as big companies make record moolah?

I think Obama is now right in saying that banks are way too powerful and have absolutely crazy inefficient loan procedures -- banks that are propped up and subsidized by the government, no less! Maybe it is a good idea to start breaking them up as he suggests...

Real answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught
    Real answers?
    Okay then,

1) How Obama uniquely handled the financial crisis

2) The fruits of his engagement with Iran so far
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?