Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Screw the Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Can I take it the Swiss have the same high standards for all extradition requests? Or just for pedophile rapists who happen to own property in Switzerland?
    You sound like Lewk. The be right and to get justice is not the same. If the Americans screw up the lawsuit twice its really your problem!
    Aw, a Swiss got upset that somebody doesn't think they should get a pass for their role in the Nazi regime. At least the Germans did their best to make up for their mistakes. The Swiss are still in denial. Then again, this is the same country whose economy depends on deposits from corporate thieves and dictators.
    No I am upset of you playing the nazi card. As this has anything to do with this case. But all you do is country bashing. Should we start to list all the US-Crap in the world on every US topic now?

I don't know which Swiss girl ever dumped you, but get over it.

Maybe we shouldn't even deliver a single person to a country that stil has the death penalty.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Eh dude he's never scored a pretty Swiss girl but I suppose he may have been able to satisfy himself with a swiss cheese.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    You sound like Lewk. The be right and to get justice is not the same. If the Americans screw up the lawsuit twice its really your problem!
    So what's why the Swiss used "national interest" to justify the request. Pray tell why it's in the Swiss national interest to not extradite a pedophile rapist.

No I am upset of you playing the nazi card. As this has anything to do with this case. But all you do is country bashing. Should we start to list all the US-Crap in the world on every US topic now?
    I can't really think of any Western country that continues to profit through genocide. Or that thinks it proper to profit from helping the most corrupt dictators in the world hide their money there.
    Last edited by Loki; 07-13-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    he may have been able to satisfy himself with a swiss cheese.
    imagery...
    DO. NOT. WANT.

So what's why the Swiss used "national interest" to justify the request. Pray tell why it's in the Swiss national interest to not extradite a pedophile rapist.
    No they denial was justified with the missing paper. The national interest thing is just the reason why the didn't put a closed eye on the issue. And probably the national interests are the relationship with France. You surely now that the French government got involved in the case.
    I can't really think of any Western country that continues to profit through genocide. Or that thinks it proper to profit from helping the most corrupt dictators in the world hide their money there.
    Map of the countries with death penalty:

Gee, perhaps you should ask the people who live in dictatorships if they care more about the US having the death penalty or the Swiss allowing their dictators to siphon off billions of dollars. Half your economy is based on helping criminals steal money from their countries.

Minx, you're still implying that the only thing wrong about this case is that Polanski had sex with an underage girl. He didn't just have sex with her: he drugged and raped her. Those would be crimes even if she was 18. Why do you continue playing down the severity of the crime?

Minx, you're still implying that the only thing wrong about this case is that Polanski had sex with an underage girl. He didn't just have sex with her: he drugged and raped her. Those would be crimes even if she was 18. Why do you continue playing down the severity of the crime?
    I'm not trying to play down the severity of the crime, I'm just going by the article Lewkowski posted which (I believe) said that he pleaded guilty to having unlawful sex with a 13-y-o girl after getting her drunk. Those things already add up to a severe offense--that should result in more than just a few days of psychiatric evaluation--in my view, even if it's not good enough for you. I'd caution you against having sex with 13-y-o girls though, even if you don't drug them, because it's just not okay. No, not even if they have sexy moustaches.

Dude, seriously, you need to get yourself a serious morality-check, you're beginning to seem really disturbed it's almost as if you believe that an adult getting a 13-y-o drunk and then having sex with her is very different from drugging and raping her

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because I know in my heart that you can't possibly be that twisted

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Gee, perhaps you should ask the people who live in dictatorships if they care more about the US having the death penalty or the Swiss allowing their dictators to siphon off billions of dollars. Half your economy is based on helping criminals steal money from their countries.
    Is that before or after the US supports those selfsame dictators with money, weapons or a Coup d'État?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Does it even matter? So Loki enjoys indulging in a bit of bigotry and racism (and trolling) eg. by holding the Swiss as a people responsible for everything from plundering Jews to supporting dictators. Not to mention hypocrisy, eg. when he accuses others of hypocrisy and grandstanding when they choose to actively protest one injustice but not another--but gets all bitchy if he's given a taste of his own medicine and is smeared with everything the US has done wrong since its birth.

So what? Should we travel to his little cornfield and squat down low so as to better emulate him? It's a question I frequently ask myself, even when he isn't trying to imply that I have a callous attitude towards people who abuse children.

EDIT: Yes, all-too-often I find myself answering that question with, "Yes."

Does it even matter? So Loki enjoys indulging in a bit of bigotry and racism (and trolling) eg. by holding the Swiss as a people responsible for everything from plundering Jews to supporting dictators. Not to mention hypocrisy, eg. when he accuses others of hypocrisy and grandstanding when they choose to actively protest one injustice but not another--but gets all bitchy if he's given a taste of his own medicine and is smeared with everything the US has done wrong since its birth.

So what? Should we travel to his little cornfield and squat down low so as to better emulate him? It's a question I frequently ask myself, even when he isn't trying to imply that I have a callous attitude towards people who abuse children.

People vote with their feet, or in this case, responses
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    People vote with their feet, or in this case, responses
    I am a broken Chinese room

I am a broken Chinese room
    Your patience with him is commendable.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Is that before or after the US supports those selfsame dictators with money, weapons or a Coup d'État?
    Please list the last time the US supported a coup d'etat against a democratic leader. Then tell me when was the last time the Swiss allowed a dictator to hide money in their banks.

Um, the Swiss have as close to a direct democracy as the world has right now. So yes, it is the people's fault that the government is behaving in the way that it is. Interesting that attacking the Swiss foreign policy is racist, while attacking the US foreign policy is being open-minded. You don't let up with your hypocrisy, do you?

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Um, the Swiss have as close to a direct democracy as the world has right now. So yes, it is the people's fault that the government is behaving in the way that it is. Interesting that attacking the Swiss foreign policy is racist, while attacking the US foreign policy is being open-minded.
    Doing both can be prudent. Attacking a whole people just because they live in a direct democracy that does undesirable things is still wrong, no matter how you try to sell it.

This is going to be a fun game.
    On a moral view, I agree with you. But this is just a legal case. And it seem the US legal system has fucked this up twice. I personally would like to see him in jail.

Doing both can be prudent. Attacking a whole people just because they live in a direct democracy that does undesirable things is still wrong, no matter how you try to sell it.
    So I can't attack someone for consistently supporting highly unethical policies that don't even improve their country's security?

On a moral view, I agree with you. But this is just a legal case. And it seem the US legal system has fucked this up twice. I personally would like to see him in jail.
    Your government more or less admitted that they were looking for any excuse to not extradite. So again, please tell me why it's in Switzerland's national interest to not extradite the guy. As for the photo, the only reason Switzerland isn't doing the same is because it's surrounded by stronger states.

Loki has definitely stepped up his game when it comes to troll derails. This has been much more successful than when he blew a gasket in the World Cup thread. We have Nazis, selective truth and fact checking, completely ignoring aspects of the Polanski case, and it appears he has plenty more waiting to drop.

-
    In before his usual 1 line zing response.

Shouldn't you be robbing the taxpayer dry or something?

So again, please tell me why it's in Switzerland's national interest to not extradite the guy.
    I wrote that already.
    As for the photo, the only reason Switzerland isn't doing the same is because it's surrounded by stronger states.
    No.

Let's have some fun, this game is sick.

So I can't attack someone for consistently supporting highly unethical policies that don't even improve their country's security?

Your government more or less admitted that they were looking for any excuse to not extradite. So again, please tell me why it's in Switzerland's national interest to not extradite the guy. As for the photo, the only reason Switzerland isn't doing the same is because it's surrounded by stronger states.
    Why ATTACK at all?

Strange thread. I thought it might be about Swiss Army knives at first, but after reading I see Loki took it from rape of minors and international jurisdictional maneuverings....to Nazi Swiss banks and the holocaust? Seriously?

I don't know which Swiss girl ever dumped you, but get over it.

Maybe we shouldn't even deliver a single person to a country that stil has the death penalty.
    He got rolling along the "Jews were wronged" rails, and that's that, even if he is pulling a Godwin. Besides, he's trolling you. Do you really think responding to "Switzerland is evil" posts is worth while?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    ...here is what earthJoker is referring to:
    I missed that.

That is actually kind of a departure for you Lewk, isn't it? I mean, if we're going to have a prison, why should we tolerate such perverse crimes in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Goes for Loki's and Dread's bullshit too.
    FFS, what is wrong with you dude? Did you even read my posts? Or Loki's?

I'm not the only one noticing your reflexive opposition to anything I say, but now you just skim my posts, ignore the content and give me the finger?

I think OG, Tear and Icky are triplets.

As far as Polanski is concerned - meh. It was a heinous thing to do, but it was also a long ass time ago. Dredging all this up again can't possibly have been in the victim's best interests, and it isn't exactly righting a horrible wrong for society at this point.

Let the Swiss keep him.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

he drugged and raped her
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    he did drug and rape her
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    This is what he was originally charged with (along with more), but not found guilty of. The only charge the prosecuters plea bargained him into was Unlawful Sexual Intercourse, i.e. sex with a minor, i.e. statutory rape. None of that involves drugging, or alcohol.
    The following lawsuit was settled, so no additional guilt from that.

Its how the law works Lewk, you can't claim someone is guilty of everything they are charged with because of a plea bargain. Not happy with that? Thats great, but it doesn't give you an excuse to pull shit out of your ass.

EDIT:
    Goes for Loki's and Dread's bullshit too.
    FFS, what is wrong with you dude? Did you even read my posts? Or Loki's?

I'm not the only one noticing your reflexive opposition to anything I say, but now you just skim my posts, ignore the content and give me the finger?

Fuck off Dread. Bitching about how you think I'm not reading the thread, and you've already shown you couldn't even finish the first post, much less the rest of the replies.

Except everyone agrees that he did drug her. And arguably, plying a 13 year old girl with alcohol is the same as drugging. It's not part of the indictment, but it is generally agreed-upon.

By saying "goes for Loki and Dread's bullshit too", you were clearly just dismissing all of our posts without even reading them. You're becoming very irritable and excitable, but I'm not sure why.

Everyone is an absolute you should not be using, as it does not belong in this discussion.
    Everyone agreeing doesn't mean jack shit either Dread, and you know it. Do we really need counter examples for that? I could start with The Green Mile since you love my movie references.

Now considering my entire post only talked about how there was and still is no guilt about drugs, an intelligent reader would assume I was addressing the drug claims that you and Loki both previously claimed.

Dread, Lewk, and Loki all assigning guilt without trial, how awesome and totally not surprising.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-14-2010 at 02:34 AM.

You're becoming very irritable and excitable, but I'm not sure why.

You're becoming very irritable and excitable, but I'm not sure why.
    Perhaps it is because you are repeating yourself.

Perhaps it is because you are repeating yourself.
    Such is Life...