Thread: Sunshine The Movie

Default Sunshine The Movie

Thinking of renting it tonight. Any one seen it and think I'm wasting my time?

^^I've seen it..and while it's nothing special, you wouldn't miss out on anything by not seeing it. But if you have nothing better to do, then it's ok to watch Not too bad for science fiction.

It's not a bad movie, but it can be slow at times iirc. Good if you're contemplative mood, I suppose
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

IIRC, the first two thirds were good. Then it turned to complete crap.
    Your search had no results.

Hmm. Maybe I should watch The Hangover or something funnier. I want to see this, but not in the mood for something slow.

Tropic Thunder?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Ended up watching an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia instead. 'Twas free on Hulu, plus I have a work trip tomorrow so shouldn't stay up and watch something too late.

In perpetual orbit around a point three seconds to the left of the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    IIRC, the first two thirds were good. Then it turned to complete crap.
    Seconded. The end act was complete garbage.
    Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of wafer thin printed circuits that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant.
    For you.
    Hate.
    Hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Thinking of renting it tonight. Any one seen it and think I'm wasting my time?
    It's ok. Sort of a formulaic plot though.

Ended up watching an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia instead. 'Twas free on Hulu, plus I have a work trip tomorrow so shouldn't stay up and watch something too late.
    Do you like that show? I've watched several seasons and the whole "look how stupid we are" thing gets a little tiring.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

The Hangover
    What a film! Absolutely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    What a film! Absolutely hilarious.
    It wasn't that great. Funny, sure. But I thought most of the bearded guy's gags fell flat. It was funny despite him. The dentist's wife was hilarious.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    The dentist's wife was hilarious.
    Which one?

The Hangover was pretty good, with a nice use of cameos. The little hijinks were funny, but the impossibleness of the events that set everything in motion (and kept it rolling) really took away from the funniness.

It would have been a more interesting movie if the entire storyline was based around the discovered pictures, instead of the aftermath.

I think I had a more enjoyable time watching Hot Tub Time Machine, but that only be because Rob Corddry kept getting his ass kicked, and the references to Red Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Which one?

The Hangover was pretty good, with a nice use of cameos. The little hijinks were funny, but the impossibleness of the events that set everything in motion (and kept it rolling) really took away from the funniness.

It would have been a more interesting movie if the entire storyline was based around the discovered pictures, instead of the aftermath.

I think I had a more enjoyable time watching Hot Tub Time Machine, but that only be because Rob Corddry kept getting his ass kicked, and the references to Red Dawn.
    The bitch. And actually, the weren't married, were they? (Which made it funnier.)
    The Rules

Spoiler:
    I thought they had, thats why they needed to find the stripper, so the chapel could get it annulled?

Spoiler:
    Oh, the stripper wasn't the bitch, she was hilarious. And they did get married. His girlfriend/ fiance to be was the (very funny) bitch.
    The Rules

Gotcha, the first post makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Do you like that show? I've watched several seasons and the whole "look how stupid we are" thing gets a little tiring.
    I like it a lot, though it does go over the top. I think the episodes veer between meh and "Okay, that was hilarious". The most recent season was a bit better, I think they've gotten some help writing so that the dialog is more clever.

Though I also liked the show Archer -- have you seen? I wonder if you'd think the same thing.

I like it a lot, though it does go over the top. I think the episodes veer between meh and "Okay, that was hilarious". The most recent season was a bit better, I think they've gotten some help writing so that the dialog is more clever.

Though I also liked the show Archer -- have you seen? I wonder if you'd think the same thing.
    I've never heard of Archer...
    The Rules

If you're gonna start, I actually suggest watching either the pilot or this episode: http://www.hulu.com/watch/128958/arc...nic#s-p1-so-i0