Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Burqa and Niqab

Default Re: The Burqa and Niqab

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    Admitting, am I? I am frankly not sure which of my 'arguments' you are even assaulting here since you're so busy shoving words and ideas into my mouth.
    Well, for one the "Filth of the moon god" part was what I was referring to, and I'm not shoving words or ideas into your mouth, you're explicitly stating an unfounded opinion in loaded words. You might not be stating that the argument isn't rational, but you're very well showing us it isn't.

Naive, huh

Europe has a pretty long history of

Wait, never mind
    Yeah, because making all those religious groups feel unwelcome from the 1500's onwards sure meant that Europe never, ever had to deal with their ilk again...

...oh, wait a minute.

I have no idea what is going on in this paragraph, maybe it's my deficiency in language skills
    Shortened version included during a missed edit.

Quote Originally Posted by I
    To put it more succinctly, you're advocating treating religious people in a manner similar to how the religious have treated you, and are expecting a different outcome with them than their behavior has elicited from you.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan
    Do you drink coffee?
    No, I'm making fun of Illusions
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

It is naive to think that way as that approach has very rarely ever worked in the past.

In relation to what we're discussing and the making fun of me part. Works both ways.
    . . .

I didn't think so. You should try it though. Wonderful stuff. (IMHO, as always)
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions

It is naive to think that way as that approach has very rarely ever worked in the past.

In relation to what we're discussing and the making fun of me part. Works both ways.
    Do you drink coffee?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions

Turns out there's little need for me to make fun of you, you manage to be ridicule-worthy all on your own. You assumed, point-blank, that I was somehow maltreated by "the religious" and this must be my motive for lashing out against religion? I mean really. :lol:
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Turns out there's little need for me to make fun of you, you manage to be ridicule-worthy all on your own. You assumed, point-blank, that I was somehow maltreated by "the religious" and this must be my motive for lashing out against religion? I mean really. :lol:
    That's what I always assumed. Why else would you turn to Satan?
    The Rules

... you seem to not be following...

If you find an article by or about a religious group attempting to restrict or legislate against atheism/science/etc. is your response:

a) go into hiding/avoid further confrontation, avoid areas with similar minded people
    b) stop believing in what you believe
    c) angrily oppose the statements in the article and people with similar opinions or attempting similar actions

. . .

That's what I always assumed. Why else would you turn to Satan?
    You did not take into account his rather impressive package

You did not take into account his rather impressive package
    You lost me.
    The Rules

You lost me.
    Satan is often portrayed as a seducer of both men and women; ostensibly he could, at will, have a supple and large penis to entice unwitting sinner with. It is an American colloquialism to call the male genitalia as one's "package", I believe.

Satan is often portrayed as a seducer of both men and women; ostensibly he could, at will, have a supple and large penis to entice unwitting sinner with. It is an American colloquialism to call the male genitalia as one's "package", I believe.
    Oh. My Church doesn't think of Satan as a super fucker. And yeah, male genitals are a package.
    The Rules