Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: What movie did you see today?

Yeah, those are fun movies, Pitt is definitely impressive. Didn't like Revolver much though, or Rocknrolla (Ritchies later english gangsta films).
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I don't know, he also has a lot of good movies.
    Not in this millenium.
    Congratulations America

Season of the witch wasn't THAT terrible. Worst thing was the ridiculous script and cheesy effects, really, and they were amusing in their crapiness I definitely would not have paid for a ticket, but since it was for free it was somewhat entertaining.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Wasabi!

With Jean Reno.
    Fun, fun, fun.

I watched Yellowbeard for the first time in at least 25 years and although it is very dated I still got a giggle out of it - specifically Peter Cook and Marty Feldman.
    Such is Life...

Postal.

Yeah, its a movie thats somewhat influenced by the game. Yeah, its written and directed by Uwe Boll. Yeah, Uwe Boll wastes a good 20 minutes of the movie making fun of how bad the movie is, while killing kids.

The acting is bad, the fights are bad, the deaths are bad. First movie in a long time that had me questioning what I could be cleaning in the house while it was playing.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I'm watching Whip It right now. It's kind of cute, but just fluff, really. Of course, the terrifying bit is that I can see my own daughter having this much teenage rebellion.

Saw "In The Mouth of Madness". It was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Saw "In The Mouth of Madness". It was decent.
    I love that movie
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Dirty Harry and Crazy Heart yesterday. Liked both of them a lot, can't help but love Jeff Bridges.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Season of the witch wasn't THAT terrible. Worst thing was the ridiculous script and cheesy effects, really, and they were amusing in their crapiness I definitely would not have paid for a ticket, but since it was for free it was somewhat entertaining.
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1942044
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Over the past month...
    LOTR trilogy
    BSG miniseries (it counts!)
    Tank Girl!
    The Orphanage
    The Diary of Anne Frank
    Star Trek
    Battlefield: LA
    Paper Heart
    Charade
    Jesus is Magic
    Little Shop of Horrors
    The House of the Devil
    Year of the Dog
    Poltergeist
    Your search had no results.

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Ahh, you need to watch the early 1920s version: Das Cabinet der Dr. Caligari. Silent film, one of--if not--the first ever horror movies. It's not too long, but it just might put you to sleep.

The new one was well done in keeping true to the style of the original. The make up was great, the sets were really cool. Just overall the art direction was spot on. Sure it was a little cheesy, sure I giggled a lot, but I think it's worth a watch, for what it is.

Chinatown

And I won a dvd of el secreto de sus ojos
    Last edited by Flixy; 03-18-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Finally saw District 9. I'm almost angry that it's taken me so long, I remember seeing spoilered discussions about it somewhere around here, maybe I'll try to find them. To be perfectly honest I haven't cried like I cried during that movie in a long, long time. Absolutely tremendous.

Spoiler:

The bit with the mech suit pissed me off slightly. When the Little One was controlling it, it was able to gather all the bullets fired at it and send them back. Given that that ability was established, he should have had absolutely no problem overwhelming the soldiers. I'm just glad he, Christopher, and Christopher's son survived. I wish the movie had focused a bit more on the plight of the latter two; twenty years of work in a slum, living in horrible, alien conditions, must have taken so much out of Christopher. I can't imagine the kind of determination, strength, and brains that takes. He's one of my favorite characters in recent memory...or at least maybe he would have been if we knew more about him. But the things I imagine about him make him awesome.

Saw Green Hornet at the dollar theater.

It was worth it. Not a great movie, but also not Superman bad; no thanks to Seth Rogan.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

L.a. confidential

My Neighbor Totoro. Really cute, but it seems shorter than it actually was.
    Your search had no results.

L.a. confidential
    Rolo Tomasi.

~

Finally got to see Kick-Ass.

It was v. good.

Kind of uncomfortable watching an eleven year old girl getting beaten up by a grown man. Some excellent scenes though, enjoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I didn't see it today, i don't watch movies often. However, I did see Hall Pass, and I found it to be enjoyable, i think if you liked the Hangover you would enjoy it. I'm thinking about watching the Battlefield LA, but have heard mixed opinions of it.

Saw Battle: Los Angeles. It's Black Hawk Down with Aliens. I enjoyed it for what it was.

Saw Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus a cuppla days ago.

The movie which Heath Ledger was acting in when he died. Gilliam's films have become famous for epic chaos on set, and Ledger's sudden death and the subsequent re-writes meant that this was no exception.

Typically bizarre Gilliam fare this was too. Nice touches from Jude Law, Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell.

And the first time I've seen the epically unusual young English lady that is Lily Cole. I was blown away by her. Wow.

Last edited by Timbuk2; 03-24-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Pixie ginger girl, cute!

I'd like to see the 1944 version of Jane Eyre again. Great cast. Here's a clip with young Elizabeth Taylor. *shiver*

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...KVR5&FORM=LKVR

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Saw Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus a cuppla days ago.

The movie which Heath Ledger was acting in when he died. Gilliam's films have become famous for epic chaos on set, and Ledger's sudden death and the subsequent re-writes meant that this was no exception.

Typically bizarre Gilliam fare this was too. Nice touches from Jude Law, Johnny Depp and Colin Farrell.

And the first time I've seen the epically unusual young English lady that is Lily Cole. I was blown away by her. Wow.

I actually went to see it in the theater, one of my friends was huge into Heath (and Depp, and Farrell too). A completely odd movie but I did enjoy it. (I really think it would have been a great Japanese animation film, but the special effects in the film did a great job of giving it that bizarre look).

This one is for Termite.

Farcry

It didn't start out that bad; attitude, fighting, car chases, gun, stuff going BOOM. Even a ridiculously funny moment where they used a car and grappling gun to bring down a helicopter. Then Uwe Boll tried to add a story inbetween all the shit blowing up, by bringing in a mad scientist and invincible crazy soldiers who looked like rejects from the movie Powder. So about 30 minutes into the movie, it got really boring, really stupid, and really slow.

The Book of Eli

Denzel, what are you doing, son?

Post-apocalyptic bible-bashing nonsense.

2.5/10

Not a patch on Mad Max I or II.

A Streetcar Named Desire. Liked it, had the feeling afterward that I missed some of the subtleties. Upon further inspection, there was a rape scene. WTF?!