Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2244

Thread: What movie did you see today?

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I watched it with my daughter; she says the book is a million and twelve times better.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I'll just leave this here:

Guardians of the Galaxy:

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I watched it with my daughter; she says the book is a million and twelve times better.
    We thought about it but preferred to pursue the version with Shailene Woodley in tight clothes

Books and movies are entirely different beasts. All I go in expecting from adaptations of books I've read are that they shouldn't do the source material so much injustice that the movie becomes painful to watch

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Guardians of the Galaxy: All kinds of awesome. Seriously.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Saw Edge of Tomorrow again. Still holds up

A most wanted man, absolutely loved it.
    Congratulations America

Saw Baz Luhrmann's modern interpretation of Romeo & Juliet in a Kew Garden's open air viewing last night.

Just as good the second time I've seen it.

Perhaps my favourite Shakespeare adaptation, and I don't even like the story

Maze Runner, entertaining, but what really pissed me off was that in the end they make it blatantly clear they're gonna let us hang in the middle waiting for a part two that may or may not come.
    Congratulations America

80% psychotic break
    15% Korean highschool media class assignment
    5% trippy visuals

The script was so bad. Morgan Freeman looked like he was in pain the whole time. Scarlett Johansson was probably happy because this movie gave her face some much needed rest from having to show any emotions. There was no good action. I don't understand why no-one saw fit to just shake Luc Besson really really hard until he gave up this horrible movie or at least surrendered it into the hands of someone who could have salvaged the script. Everyone on the team musta been like, "Fuckit, as long as I'm getting paid."

Gone girl. Found it so-so. Some interesting stuff, but quite a lot of boring time between.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Sex Tape.

Not as awful as I feared it would be.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I saw Gone Girl last week. I hate the experience of going to the movies these days and thought I was getting into a nice situation by going early. Wrong! I had to stand the whole time while the other half and her friend sat in the front row -- no way I could sit in the front row. Naturally I chose a 2.5-hour movie to stand for the entirety.

Still, I liked it. Ben Affleck's dong and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Still, I liked it. Ben Affleck's dong and all.
    Is it as nice a George Clooney's butt?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Gone Girl was good - enjoyed. Tense and unpredictable.

And what's everyone talking about Affleck's wang for? You really don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    I saw Gone Girl last week. I hate the experience of going to the movies these days and thought I was getting into a nice situation by going early. Wrong! I had to stand the whole time while the other half and her friend sat in the front row -- no way I could sit in the front row. Naturally I chose a 2.5-hour movie to stand for the entirety.
    Wait a moment, you really want to tell me that you don't buy your tickets over the internet in beforehand?
    Standing in the movies

Amerikans!

Well, I don't usually either. But usually you can choose where you want to sit, and if the front is all that's left and you really hate it, just go to a different viewing?

If it's a good cinema you'll still be fine in the front anyway, unfortunately some don't have enough distance between the front seats and the screen But a maybe obvious question, why stand? You could always sit on the stairs, right?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Well, I don't usually either. But usually you can choose where you want to sit, and if the front is all that's left and you really hate it, just go to a different viewing?

If it's a good cinema you'll still be fine in the front anyway, unfortunately some don't have enough distance between the front seats and the screen But a maybe obvious question, why stand? You could always sit on the stairs, right?
    On average third row from the front is optimal, unless the screen is really really huge, then 4th or sometimes even 5th is. If you're one of those people who think sitting in the back is all that, why don't you take it all the way and wait untill the thing comes out on DVD or Netflix?

Sitting in the front row typically isn't so cool because it sort of pushes the upper part of the screen into near-peripheral view, meaning that you either have to crane back or have to lie back in your seat.
    Congratulations America

Pretty sure you wouldn't be able to stand in the cinemas here.

I don't know, I've never seen anyone standing anyway.

I've been to a few cinemas where the front row was placed too close to the screen so you'd have to look up, quite badly, and like Hazir said the upper part of the screen is too far then. But the better cinemas I've been, I've been in the front rows a few times, always fine, because they kept a decent distance. Reading subtitles can get a little annoying though, and I imagine it's worse if you're seated to the side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Well, I don't usually either.
    It's so easy to get your ticket online, and you already see if you get a good seat and choose one. If the cinema is full you can always choose another one right then.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    It's so easy to get your ticket online, and you already see if you get a good seat and choose one. If the cinema is full you can always choose another one right then.
    Thing is, if you live close to a bunch of cinemas you tend to get too lazy to bother booking before your 4 minute stroll to the box-office.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Thing is, if you live close to a bunch of cinemas you tend to get too lazy to bother booking before your 4 minute stroll to the box-office.
    That, and it's often a bit of a last minute thing for me. And I tend not to go to big movies when it's just opened, it's been a looong time since I've been in a full cinema outside of film festivaldirecteur, and that's usually random seating anyway (and if you're involved in it you're likely to be seated in the front anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Well it's definitely more like a 15 minutes drive for me. So the lazy choice is the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Well it's definitely more like a 15 minutes drive for me. So the lazy choice is the internet.
    I can see that, but the closest place I could see a movie is within literal spitting distance. The 4 minute walk place is merely my favorite. Wouldn't surprise me if Dread is in a similar environment.

Still, standing up through a movie sounds a bit much to me.
    Congratulations America

Fury - Was disturbing. Body count at the end was too high to be believable - veteran SS troops would have flanked that tank way more effectively and quicker than depicted. Otherwise was really great. The Tiger duel was a nail biter.

Gone Girl - the ending situation exceeded my suspension of disbelief. The rest of the movie was fun though.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Indeed, Fury is must see cinema.
    Congratulations America

Dread, go to a theater in the Cornfields. They're pretty much empty unless you go to the first showing of a superhero movie.
    Hope is the denial of reality

The Judge - with Robert Duvall and Robert Downey Jr.

Very watchable, with strong performances from the above two. An examination of the complex relationship that can exist between father and son, when pride takes its toll over ther decades, played out between the father who is a small-town judge, and his city-slicker hotshot lawyer son.

A little overly long perhaps, but I'd recommend it.