Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2244

Thread: What movie did you see today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    avengers age of ultron

Amazing movie. So much humor, coating so many touchy subjects so perfectly. So well crafted that my 5 year old was able to keep pace and questioning why someone was or wasn't doing something at critical times.

Thing is full of cameos and references to nerd and comic book culture too. Sitting in the back I was having fun hearing a joke on the screen, then the random giggles and laughs from random people in the audience as it slowly dawned on them. Its going to take several run throughs, or a very robust director's commentary, to catch everything they hid in this movie.
    On balance I liked it, but I'd rank it among my least favorite Marvel movies.

Spoiler:
    The heli-carrier showing up in the end with a bunch of shuttle craft tailor made for floating city rescues strayed into lazy story telling territory (IMO). Ultron was a great villain, though. And it was nice to see Hulk not 100% invulnerable,
    the built-in flaw that's undermining my pre-opinion of Superman v. Batman, due out soon.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    On balance I liked it, but I'd rank it among my least favorite Marvel movies.
    On that note, Thor mentions that he is aware of 4 infinity stones popping up. I know of the one in this movie, and Guardians. What other 2 movies do I need to watch? I assuming something out of the Xmen universe thanks to the credits and Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver being in this movie.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Thor Dark World, the Aether
    The Tesseract
    The Mind Stone in Ultron
    The one in Guardians
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Haven't seen Thor, and just made the connection with the tesseract, the dream sequence even showed it being one in Ultron although I don't recall them making the infinity stone connection in the earlier movies.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

They make a bigger deal out of them in the Thor movies.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Captain America: The Tesseract is Space
    Thor: Dark World: The Aether is Reality
    Guardians of the Galaxy: The macguffin there was Power
    Avengers 1/2: Loki's staff was Mind

Which means that the Time and Soul gems are still missing.

I'm betting the Soul gem pops up in Doctor Strange. Not sure on Time. Maybe Thor: Ragnarok? It'd be an odd choice to shove it into the second Guardians film, and Black Panther doesn't come out until after the Infinity War starts.

X-Men aren't part of the MCU. Fox has the rights to them, and unlike Sony doesn't want to play nice. Notice how they never said Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were mutants? Because they legally can't. Marvel can only use them because the contracts makes an exception for them as Avengers.

edit: On second thought, there's a high chance that Adam Warlock is going to be in the second Guardians, and he's the traditional holder of the Soul gem, so it might make sense to see them together there. That'd let them put Time into Strange's movie next year. That sort of flow makes a lot more sense.

Also, I'm wondering if there'll be any nods to Gamora and Drax in the comics once being wielders of the Time and Power gems, respectively, as part of Infinity Watch. The MCU Guardians have already dealt with Power, so having them deal with Time would work well as a nod to that. Yes, I am the nerdiest motherfucker on this board, and I will fight Veldan for the title.
    Last edited by Wraith; 05-12-2015 at 02:03 AM.

They didn't even call them Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver in Ultron. I figured it was being held off until a proper crossover but if Fox is the issue that makes a whole lot more sense. I figured if SpiderMan was going to eventually pop up the Xmen wouldn't be far behind.

So much for dreaming. Civil War without Mutants, X-Men Apocalypse without using whats already been built? Damn
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 05-12-2015 at 02:33 AM.

Sony was playing nice with Marvel since they saw the dollar signs Marvel was pulling in. Stark Tower was actually supposed to be in The Amazing Spider-Man, they just couldn't get the CGI with enough time to stick it in. Fox have been dicks about it during the same time period. Quicksilver was shoved into the Days of Future Past movie only after they heard that he was going to be in the Avengers movie. They put him in so they could have him first.

Spider-Man is getting rebooted again to be in the MCU. Asa Butterfield is reportedly the top choice for Parker 3. He's supposed to show up first in Civil War, then his own movie in 2017.

Relatedly, the guy who plays Daredevil has been begging for a Civil War cameo. I hope he gets it. I do like it when the actors so visibly enjoy playing their characters.

Watched Man of Steel. So many plot holes. Action scenes are lame. No feeling of suspense. Just boring throughout.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Watched Man of Steel. So many plot holes. Action scenes are lame. No feeling of suspense. Just boring throughout.
    Terrible movie....

Just noticed Mad Max: Fury Road debuted on rottontomatoes at 98%. Keeping my eye on that one - the most recent trailer was very well done, at least. Looks like Road Warrior on steroids.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Yeah I'm planning to see that in cinema!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    ...Yes, I am the nerdiest motherfucker on this board, and I will fight Veldan for the title.
    I still play D&D every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    I still play D&D every week.
    Yeah well I play D&D every other week AS THE DM! And I watch anime. And I play MMOs. Hah.

Replace anime with Star Trek, I also DM, and i play MMORPG's AND I'm in App Support/IT.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Terrible movie....

Just noticed Mad Max: Fury Road debuted on rottontomatoes at 98%. Keeping my eye on that one - the most recent trailer was very well done, at least. Looks like Road Warrior on steroids.
    Ticked up to 99%. Pretty damn good rating. Might have to go see it.
    The Rules

I liked it!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

La famille Belier; village girl has a chance of going to Paris. But her parents are deaf and mute, so the impact is a bit different than in your average family. I really liked it and thought it was funny.
    Congratulations America

Book of Eli on Netflix. What a waste of good actors and production on such a crappy story.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

yeh Eli was a fairly pants movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I have no idea what a "fairly pants movie" could be.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Book of Eli on Netflix. What a waste of good actors and production on such a crappy story.
    I agree. Garbage.
    The Rules

At least I didn't pay for it. Could have watched something better in that time though.

Netflix seems to be a bit weak in the Sci-Fi genre.

Just saw "A Million Ways to Die in the West." It was entertaining. 3/5 stars.
    The Rules

Tomorrowland.

Meh.

It's a hard PG (violence against human-looking robots), but safe for kids and they'll probably enjoy it more than I did.

Was he gorgeous? Was it gorgeous? Was the sappy Disney ending sappy?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Yes, it was Disney sappy.

Mad Max was great. Loved it. 4.95/5.00 (within genre).
    The Rules

What would have made it a 4.96?

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    A 0.01?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

In line to see Jurassic world. Everyone seems to be expressing the same concern: "please dont suck"