Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 1,951 to 1,952 of 1952

Thread: What movie did you see today?

Black Panther

Casting Bilbo Baggins as the token white guy was a nice touch.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

The newest Avengers film. Eh, it was okay. Some entertaining bits, lots of explosions. They telegraphed the end pretty heavily and also telegraphed what the likely resolution will be in the next film. Precious little character development because, let's be honest, it was an enormous cast and most people were just there to be seen.

I was pretty surprised how cheap-looking the CGI was. Thanos looked, honestly, like Archimonde from Warcraft 3 in terms of sophistication of the animation. There were lots of weird issues with sizing/perspective in his interactions with live action characters, and there were a bunch of other jarring combinations of live action and CGI with other characters. Maybe my standards have gotten too high?

There were also the usual silly issues with power mismatches and awful tactics. But that's the only way you can make a movie like this work, so I guess I'll just pretend that's okay.

Worth a watch, but don't assume it's amazing. It was just... functional. Like a well oiled Marvel machine for printing money.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)