Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 2,071 to 2,076 of 2076

Thread: What movie did you see today?

The Family. It's a docu-drama limited series on Netflix based on the books written by Jeff Sharlet. I posted criticisms about the National Prayer Breakfast in other threads, but this takes it to a new level.

Very well done, watch it!

Fisherman's Friend. Bad fortune made this be projected in the cinema I was at yesterday. Don't bother. In a couple of years it will be on broadcast tv, probably between Christmas and New Year's. And you can have it on while doing something else.
    Greece shows us that there is a kind of politician worse than the ones that break their election promises; the ones that keep their election promises.

I watched The Matrix. In a cinema. It still held up, but I am not so certain it would after another 20 years. The CGI had lost his luster.
    Greece shows us that there is a kind of politician worse than the ones that break their election promises; the ones that keep their election promises.

Knives out. I am not certain if I can recommend this one. It was a bit like the makers couldn't decide if they wanted to make an Agatha Christie type of whodunit or a comedy of errors. Daniel Craig wasn't very well casted as the southern gentleman PI.

During this visit I also decided I will try to boycott British movies coproductions and TV series about either of the two great wars. The trigger was a trailer for yet another one of those.

American Son

Superb, with powerful performances from the two leads. Taken from a stage play of the same name with the same writer for both stage and screen. Translating reasonably well to the screen, I feel it would be better to see performed live. Nonetheless, it is extremely watchable. Out on Netflix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Richard Jewell

Fantastic movie. The guy who played Richard was bloody fantastic. Overall a great show.