Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 2,131 to 2,137 of 2137

Thread: What movie did you see today?

  1. #2131
    Tenet — great premise and thrilling action, marred by Robert Pattinson's weirdness as well as the near-total lack of chemistry between John David Washington and everyone else. Elizabeth Debicki and Kenneth Branagh were great—in spite of Nolan.

    Fatman — did not expect to enjoy this as much as I did. Flawed but fun. Walton Goggins is fantastic as always, and Billy Wenan as the sociopathic child villain did so well that it's almost a little concerning. It feels weird endorsing a movie with Gibson in it but he's right for the part.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  2. #2132
    2021 is gonna be a good year for action movies:

    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  3. #2133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    11,430
    Prom. Liberals poking just enough at their own pedantic behavior to make this Netflix production fun.
    Congratulations America

  4. #2134
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    2021 is gonna be a good year for action movies:
    Sucks Free Guy got pushed back, was really looking forward to that.

    I've heard nothing but horror stories from the batman set concerning Pattinson. But god damn I want that car!
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  5. #2135
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Tenet — great premise and thrilling action, marred by Robert Pattinson's weirdness as well as the near-total lack of chemistry between John David Washington and everyone else. Elizabeth Debicki and Kenneth Branagh were great—in spite of Nolan.
    Saw this last night.

    Felt a bit too clever for its own good. And a little hard to follow, but this was viewed through the lens of a bottle of wine. Will need a second viewing. And possibly a third, and a fourth. Some superb action sequences though, and the inverted replays of scenes already seen did indeed make for great viewing.

    Agree with lack of chemistry from Washington - he was fairly wooden. Only discovered afterward he is Denzel's son - doesn't quite have the charisma of papa, at least in this outing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

    And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

  6. #2136
    It really made me feel like watching Predestination again though
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

  7. #2137
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Saw this last night.

    Felt a bit too clever for its own good. And a little hard to follow, but this was viewed through the lens of a bottle of wine. Will need a second viewing. And possibly a third, and a fourth. Some superb action sequences though, and the inverted replays of scenes already seen did indeed make for great viewing.

    Agree with lack of chemistry from Washington - he was fairly wooden. Only discovered afterward he is Denzel's son - doesn't quite have the charisma of papa, at least in this outing.
    Fully agree. I genuinely fell off, and didn't manage to reconnect once that had happened. Too much going on, and too much cleverness. Doubt I'll be seeing it again, like I did with Inception and the likes. Also have no idea what Nolan has against Dolby Atmos. All movies I've listened to with Atmos, have been pure bliss.

    A movie I did watch and enjoyed to an extreme extent, was the Danish movie "Another round". Mads Mikkelsen, actor in Hannibal, Doctor Strange and villain in James Bond Casino Royale, is a freaking good actor. The Hunt from 2012, starring him as a main character as well, is also a must watch. Can't recommend them enough, and think everyone in this thread would enjoy them immensely.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •