Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 2,161 to 2,167 of 2167

Thread: What movie did you see today?

Gunpowder Milkshake. I know a lot of people are going to criticize this as derivative, or thin on the plot, or cliched. I don't care. It was beautiful. The stylized setting, halfway between a Tarantino and neo-noir, the gorgeous lighting and use of color... This was a movie made by someone who just really loves movies, and loves using the visual medium to make something that catches your eye when it's set up just so. Very solid cast (though sometimes they were underutilized). Writing was okay - at times verging on inspired, often just acceptable.

I've never seen anything by Papushado before (though I had heard of some of his Hebrew language works), mostly because I'm not big in the horror genre. But I feel like I might want to check it out just to see what he does with the visuals.

And any haters can go be highbrow elsewhere.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

The Hunt -- very entertaining.

The new Suicide Squad is way better than the first one and worth watching, especially if you get it for free on HBO Max. I hope it doesn't reflect badly on the movie that it's getting such disappointing box-office numbers because of the delta-lockdown + being available for free in homes, it's the best DC movie since The Dark Knight.

The Irishman. Good but I wish they would have used young actors to play the parts of the early years. It is absolutely impossible to make those old actors look the age they were attempting to portray.

Dune. Really just half of a movie. But you have to go and see it now if you want to see part two.
    Congratulations America

Cinderella 2021 on prime. Amusing, uplifting bit of fluff. Those of you who have children; the story has been tweaked just enough to not reinforce outdated role models and not so much that it feels forced.
    Congratulations America

The Doorman

Five thumbs down. Don't remember how it got in my list???