Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2244

Thread: What movie did you see today?

Finally got round to watching Roma. Beautifully shot, but I wish I'd seen it in the cinema. Sat on my sofa, with a slow film it's too easy to pull out the phone.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Hmm... I am on a break halfway through at home. I kind of like it but it's mostly because of its nostalgic feel. I wonder why so many people are so wild about this. I could not really understand if it would get best movie.

OK... I am convinced. This movie really pulled me in. I loved it. I. Was lucky to watch it alone on a 65inch TV at home.

Cinematography is superb really

Netflix gave it a 95% match by the way.
    Last edited by Hazir; 02-24-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    Congratulations America

So Captain Marvel was basically engineered to siphon money from the millennial & gen z demographics but I don't care; now I know at least one thing about Endgame won't suck. Solid movie, if a little too melodramatic. Two thirds of the script is decent, with the remainder consisting of some fucker phoning in condescending focus-grouped bullshit. Excellent hero, good antagonists, solid supporting cast, decent soundtrack, CGI that doesn't annoy too much, made-for-TV fight scenes, clunky dialogue but with great chemistry, okay jokes. Stay for both extra scenes.
    Spoiler:
    Long live our flerken overlords
    Last edited by Aimless; 03-12-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I liked captain Marvel. I loved Capernaum, even though I had to rely on Turkish subtitles for this Lebanese movie.

And shit, I didn't know there was a second extra.
    Congratulations America

Captain Marvel was great, with the huge "this movie is gonna be full of SJW cancer" I was reading on twitter I was worried. Outside of one small scene it wasn't even remotely about that. There was a pretty big plot hole in the middle but fans of Marvel movies are used to that by now. The action was solid and has got me hyped again for End Game.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I liked captain Marvel. I loved Capernaum, even though I had to rely on Turkish subtitles for this Lebanese movie.

And shit, I didn't know there was a second extra.
    You're new to Marvel movies, aren't you?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Avengers: Endgame

Satisfying to be able to conclude this overlong chapter of my life. Good story, plenty of cool stuff, lot of genuinely laugh-out-loud moments, and not quite as much melodrama as I'd feared. Thanos didn't suck as much this time. Not too keen on the inane fapping over bros being serious with each other bro-style, coupled with the contemptuous nods to the women in both the movie and in the audience. Decidedly creepy vibes that kinda ruined Captain Marvel's character, for example. But, all in all... worth it.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    You're new to Marvel movies, aren't you?
    I'm not so much new as not very invested.
    Congratulations America

I kinda liked endgame, even the supposedly boring first part. But then again I loved the Leftovers. I'm not sure if I like the whole time travel angle, but it wasn't bad enough to make me dislike this movie. Which probably means that I will be hated for the rest of my life by a friend who felt they did a hatchet job on Thor.
    Congratulations America

Spiderman: Into the Spider verse

Hugely fun, lots of energy and great visuals.

And we've finally discovered the very bottom of the uncanny valley.

You're welcome
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I saw "Billy Elliott" for the first time recently. Great movie!

Crazy thing is....I didn't realize that kid was Spiderman (Tom Holland) until today.

(I should really pay more attention to the credits.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0nN...0&pbjreload=10

I think Tom Holland was Billy on stage in the musical, Jamie Bell had the role in the movie

Finally saw detective pikachu, fun and entertaining, and I love how they did Ditto.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    I think Tom Holland was Billy on stage in the musical, Jamie Bell had the role in the movie
    Right! (Always read those credits) Tom Holland is crazy talented. He's my favorite Spiderman now

PS Happy Birthday!

Godzilla II. Great cgi, hopeless scenario. The humans in it had better plot armor than the titans.
    Last edited by Hazir; 06-11-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    Congratulations America

Dark Phoenix - eh it was all right but very forgettable like a lot of the x-men movies. I feel its proximity to End Game hurts it because it gets the really short end of the stick in that comparison.

Can you ever forgive me?

Pretty good. Though I'm a fan of Richard E Grant's skills and style as an actor, I'm not sure he deserved an Oscar for this. Melissa McCarthy was excellent though.

The true story behind it is intriguing enough, a dive into an esoteric world. Worth a watch
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I Am Mother on Netflix. (2019)

It only got two actors but I liked it.
    Robot design looks clearly inspired by Boston Dynamics Atlas.
    Overall the A.I. is a few steps ahead the humans, which I think is pretty much what you would imagine at this level.

It leaves a few questions unanswered but in a good way.

Yesterday, I wasted my time so you don't have to. Seriously don't bother.
    Congratulations America

Poms. Delightful little movie. See it.
    Congratulations America

Midsomar, wicker man revisited with the only advantage that Nicholas Cage isn't in it.
    Congratulations America

Crawl. Got talked into seeing this one. It's so bad I fear for permanent brain injuries. DO NOT WATCH IT. Otherwise, I can only say I hoped the leads would be eaten alive. Given the choice between stying in relative safety and wading into aligator infested waters, the obvious choice of course always would be.... Also, even though these people supposedly were surrounded by warning signs against aligators all their lives, nobody ever bothered to tell them that these animals actually also hunt the immediate vicinity of the water they live in.
    Congratulations America

Raw. Saw it a while ago (didn't know the topic) but it still ranks as memorable and creepy!

Very well done, Watch it!
    Last edited by GGT; 07-30-2019 at 06:29 AM.

I was just wondering, what are the favorite movies of everyone here. I can list:

All Time Favorites:
    1. Interstellar
    2. Inception
    3. Untouchable
    4. Blood Diamond
    5. The Greatest Showman
    6. John Wick
    7. Gone Girl
    8. The Big Lebowski
    9. Mad Max: Fury Road
    10. Sully
    11. Batman: Dark Knight
    12. Only The Brave
    13. Armadillo (2010)
    14. The Hunt
    15. Troy

I think this is my top 15, but I will probably stand corrected once other people post theirs. :P
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Greatest Showman...one of these things doesn't look like the others.

In my opinion, it has one of the best musical sound tracks of all time, right up there with the Lion King.

I love the behind training sessions too. The movie is deserving of either a proper cinema audio system, or a dedicated home theater. The music drives that movie, for sure.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuha Vinland View Post
    I was just wondering, what are the favorite movies of everyone here.
    Not in any order, but my favorites are:

Lawrence of Arabia
    Doctor Zhivago
    The Grapes of Wrath
    To Kill a Mocking Bird
    The Women https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032143/
    Jane Eyre (1943 version) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036969/fullcredits

All the Jason Bourne movies, and pretty much any movie with Tom Hanks or Leonardo DeCaprio