Thread: What movie did you see today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Conan The Barbarian is being heavily advertised right now and that sparked a conversation the other day, at first I was wondering who would be playing Conan (just seen its the Dothraki ) but can't think of many action actors nowadays the same as there were when I was growing up. As a child of the 80s/teen of the 90s, we had Arnie of course, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Steven Segal and more - who are the major equivalents now?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    As a child of the 80s/teen of the 90s, we had Arnie of course, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Steven Segal and more - who are the major equivalents now?
    Not sure there are any. The ridiculously muscled action star who can defeat hordes of enemies wielding automatic weapons by kicking really high seems to be a thing of the past. I can't think of any new equivalents, but can point out that with the release of Die Hard 4, Bruce Willis became a 50 year old action-movie hero. I guess 'roid rage just couldn't stay fashionable forever.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.