Finally saw District 9. I'm almost angry that it's taken me so long, I remember seeing spoilered discussions about it somewhere around here, maybe I'll try to find them. To be perfectly honest I haven't cried like I cried during that movie in a long, long time. Absolutely tremendous.

Spoiler:

The bit with the mech suit pissed me off slightly. When the Little One was controlling it, it was able to gather all the bullets fired at it and send them back. Given that that ability was established, he should have had absolutely no problem overwhelming the soldiers. I'm just glad he, Christopher, and Christopher's son survived. I wish the movie had focused a bit more on the plight of the latter two; twenty years of work in a slum, living in horrible, alien conditions, must have taken so much out of Christopher. I can't imagine the kind of determination, strength, and brains that takes. He's one of my favorite characters in recent memory...or at least maybe he would have been if we knew more about him. But the things I imagine about him make him awesome.