I skipped The Last Jedi in theaters because of all the bad press surrounding it, but now that I caught it on Netflix, it wasn't that bad. I liked it more than The Force Awakens. Rei was less of a Mary Sue this time around, and the story wasn't just a repeat of the first trilogy. It still borrowed a bit, but this time around it felt more like callbacks/tributes than straight plot copying. Yeah, the flying Leia scene was silly (comeon guys, I know it fits with the lore, but you need to foreshadow that shit). What happened to Luke also didn't bother me that much, but that part was spoiled for me before.

I'm still having trouble with the scale though. The war between the Rebel Alliance Resistance and the First Order is being billed as a galactic conflict in a densely populated galaxy, so why does it feel like it's just a few dozen people on each side squabbling? Sure, both sides have some solid resources backing them up, but the scale of everything was so small it felt silly that this was supposed to be a big important war and not just two rival local gangs or something. I know Star Wars can do big scales, they managed it in both previous trilogies, so why are they struggling with it so much here?

It wasn't brilliant this-should-be-a-cultural-phenomenon cinema, but it was adequately entertaining. Worth the watch while it's on Netflix, anyhow.