Page 39 of 75 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2244

Thread: What movie did you see today?

Aww, I do love that movie. Whenever it plays on TV I call my mom to let her know, since it is one of her favorites as well. Of course she has it on DVD but that doesn't stop her from watching it on TV when it airs.

A.Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - 5/10

I also watched Zero Dark Thirty, 4/10 for that film. I found a few minutes of it interesting but the vast amounts of it was dire. I don't get the fuss.

Taken 2 - 6/10: Not as good as the first but I still enjoyed it.

Django Unchained - 7/10: Made me giggle in, typical QT film, Christoph Waltz was superb.

I wish I watched Argo instead of ZDT when I had the chance

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I just watched Lockout.

It always astounds me when they're splurging several million dollars for special effects, yet decide to spend about a hundred dollar for the movie script.

That movie is even worse than Battleship.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I always wonder about that as well. Studios pay tens if not hundreds of millions for special effects. Yet a vast majority of scripts are written by one individual, who might or might not have much of an idea of what makes a good movie. Surely it's time to formalize this process, have special committees write up scripts, and have them sent to some external auditor for a review? That whole process can't cost more than a million dollars.
    Hope is the denial of reality

2 words:

Michael Bay

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Not to mention that I always wish they'd run the script across some scientific and military advisors (who also know that movies don't always require 100% accuracy), if only to get rid of the more heineous crimes against scientific facts and military tactics/strategies.

I mean, some of those inaccuracies don't even advance the movie plot in any meaningful way.

But, well, this movie was so moronic, good god. Even the "plot twist" at the end - it's always a bad sign if the movie contains a plot element which is made out to be a big deal. And the same plot element could've been cut away without a single problem. And it's also a bad sign if I want to slap everyone in the movie because they all portray a character with an IQ at about room temperature.

Paranorman. Great movie that's a little slow moving for adults but really dials up the inappropriate humor towards the end. All I could think during the climax was that it would make an amazing boss fight in a AAA video game.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Zero Dark Thirty.

Fantastic, though I have a few quibbles.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.

Its so bad, it makes the original with Van Damme look good. The greenscreening is amateur, the fight screens are few and short, the actor playing the role of American Interpol agent was just awful. Picture Keanu Reeves in his worst role, then picture him hamming it up to 11. That's how this roll was played.

Easily the worst movie I've taken home from the library thus far.

Oblivion, quite good. Sometimes a bit hard to understand how certain things came about, but all in all solid entertainment with real nice special effects.
    Congratulations America

Stoker, a highly stilized movie. Could be one of those movies I want to see again.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.

Its so bad, it makes the original with Van Damme look good. The greenscreening is amateur, the fight screens are few and short, the actor playing the role of American Interpol agent was just awful. Picture Keanu Reeves in his worst role, then picture him hamming it up to 11. That's how this roll was played.

Easily the worst movie I've taken home from the library thus far.
    You should check out the Collegehumor Street Fighter series on youtube, it's hella good
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Oblivion, quite good. Sometimes a bit hard to understand how certain things came about, but all in all solid entertainment with real nice special effects.
    Yep caught that today to at the local cinema pub. We enjoyed it too. Nice to see Jamie Lannister in a bit role...
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Rules of Engagement. Made in 2000. Didn't see it in theaters, never really heard of it, either. It was one of those late-night movies shown on cable for insomniacs.

It was probably a programming decision based on recent events in Benghazi, and current military events in the middle east. It reminded me of A Few Good Men in a way, without the slickness.

Iron Man 3 starts in 3 min.

Dance Dance Revolution: The Movie actually exists. I'll be watching it tonight.

I saw Iron Man 3 the other day. No spoilers, but I thought it was the best one of the three. It does ask more of the audience, though; I've heard a couple people complaining because they didn't have everything spelled out for them, even though all the needed information is there. Granted, it is a bit odd given the usual way Hollywood makes movies, I have to wonder if there's a bunch of exposition on a cutting room floor somewhere.

Aye, the best of the 3. I could watch Downey as Stark all day long.

I recently learned that movie "trailers" are considered AS important as the movie itself. They take the largest chunk of overall marketing costs, and exceed 10% of all filming and casting costs.

Dance Dance Revolution: The Movie actually exists. I'll be watching it tonight.

I have no idea what the fuck I just watched. So I'm going to sleep on it, Piss out these wine coolers explain what I can tomorrow

No what the fuck did you wanna go and watch something like that for?

culture. duh

Its bad. Like, highschoolers with expensive cameras bad. The entire movie is spoken in some sort of ghetto ebonics, even though there isn't a single black person in the entire movie, and the setting is more redneck than gangsta. I had an easier time understanding the conversations in Green Street Hooligans.

Apparently gang wars (DDR dance offs, on songs that are so intense that people somehow die) are fought over who controls the single beer store in the city, and if your gang doesn't own the beer, then your members will turn to drugs, and drug users aren't like drunks, drug users don't pass out at the lake feeding ducks, and if no one is feeding the ducks, there are no ducks, and how is a man supposed to chill if there ain't no ducks?

I shit you not, that's what this is about. DDR with booze, bad boob jobs, gangs, and unexplained footwear.

That sounds almost so bad it might be funny again.

The Fifth Element - basically a sortof standard Hollywood science fiction story, except made by Luc Besson in an over-the-top way, not taking itself very seriously, which makes it very entertaining. and it's also rather beautifully shot. Oh, and Gary Oldman is an amazing actor.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I shit you not, that's what this is about. DDR with booze, bad boob jobs, gangs, and unexplained footwear.
    Jesus Christ on a big red fucking bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    That sounds almost so bad it might be funny again.

The Fifth Element - basically a sortof standard Hollywood science fiction story, except made by Luc Besson in an over-the-top way, not taking itself very seriously, which makes it very entertaining. and it's also rather beautifully shot. Oh, and Gary Oldman is an amazing actor.

Superb in True Romance as a pretend niggah.

For anyone near Portland, Oregon, a film I helped with is screening at the film festival there on may 24th, called Do You Know What Love Is.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Do You Know What Love Is.
    Haddaway certainly does!

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Movie adaptation of the book by Jonathan Safran Foer, which I read last year. Movie starred Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock and Max von Sydow.

Story of a fairly special boy with Asperger's whose father upon whom he doted died in the twin towers at 9/11. The boy finds a key in a vase, and goes on a quest across New York to find out more about the key and what it may open, in the vain hope that it may be a final link to his father.

The boy turned in a brilliant performance as acted by a young Thomas Horn. Hanks, Bullock and Sydow were strong. Movie received two nominations in the Academy Awards for Best Picture and Best Supporting Actor for Sydow.

The movie was quite a bit more saccharine and sentimental than the book, which made it quite weepy toward the end, which I thought unfortunate. I'll put that down to the Hollywoodisation process.
    Also a little less zany. The book is filled with the boy's sporadic and high-speed thought processes, touching on subject here and topic there before rushing off to something else. I guess that'd be quite hard to translate to the screen.

All in all a good movie.

7/10

Been bumming around at home all day with no idea that Star Trek: Into Darkness is out in cinemas >_<
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

The original Fast and Furious.
    Can't tell if some of the cars/kits didn't age well, or my maturity did. Seemed kind of cheesy this time around. Still good for a action night, and it was fun playing wheres waldo and pointing out the cars I used to own.

Gonna have to go through the whole series now.

Iron Man 3 was all right. Better than 2, I don't think it was quite as good as the first one, though. There were some pretty big plot holes, and the evolution of the villian(s) was unclear to say the least. It seemed to go from a
    Spoiler:
    coverup to a vast plan to kill the president and manage a war on terror

Certainly fun, though. They definitely did a decent job wrapping up the trilogy IMO, though I'm unclear how Iron Man will fit into upcoming Avenger movies.