Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: What movie did you see today?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    It's good that you dream of one day being as awesome as a female is, but pick a better one for fuck's sake.

How is it that your taste in teevee is so good, but your taste in movies is total crap?

Also, I saw Precious last week. Happy movie. WTF.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Lucky number slevin! Entertaining
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The Matrix. Again.

Reeves really is very wooden.

It's okay for brain-popcorn though.

~

I'm recording Congo on HD tonight, Michael Crichton's jungle/gorilla type caper. Know nothing about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Just stayed up till 2:05 am watching The Inside Man, with Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, Jodie Foster, Willem Dafoe, and Christopher Plummer.

Great cast, fun movie. Crime caper. Keeps you guessing.

Hadn't heard of it before and really enjoyed.

Recommended.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Also, I saw Precious last week. Happy movie. WTF.
    Who the heck called Precious a "happy movie". The only thing more f***ed up than Precious is the fact its based on a book that's based on a true story

Oh man, now you made me want to see it! Although the plot summary makes it seem like there's a happy ending, what the fuck is that shit
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I wouldn't exactly call it a 'happy' movie at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Who the heck called Precious a "happy movie". The only thing more f***ed up than Precious is the fact its based on a book that's based on a true story
    Sarcasm dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Oh man, now you made me want to see it! Although the plot summary makes it seem like there's a happy ending, what the fuck is that shit
    Well if you call this a happy ending, then . . . .

Spoiler:
    being morbidly obese, dying of AIDS, raising two kids, one retarded because your father raped you to conceive them, as a single mom, never talking to your fucked up mother again because she dropped your baby on the floor and tried to kill you, and having almost no prospects at all for much more than the worst poverty NYC has to offer. Well, probably AIDS will help her lose weight, so that's a plus?....
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Last night we saw Inception it's def. the kind of movie you want to see at the theatre. Actors were so-so, but the direction and the visuals and the script more than compensated
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Sarcasm dude.

Well if you call this a happy ending, then . . . .

Spoiler:
    being morbidly obese, dying of AIDS, raising two kids, one retarded because your father raped you to conceive them, as a single mom, never talking to your fucked up mother again because she dropped your baby on the floor and tried to kill you, and having almost no prospects at all for much more than the worst poverty NYC has to offer. Well, probably AIDS will help her lose weight, so that's a plus?....
    Wiki says
    Spoiler:
    The film ends with Precious still resolved to improve her life for herself and her children. She severs ties with her mother and plans to complete a General Educational Development test.
    , which means there's still hope; that is markedly more positive than the ending of, say, The Girl Next Door.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Wiki says
    Spoiler:
    The film ends with Precious still resolved to improve her life for herself and her children. She severs ties with her mother and plans to complete a General Educational Development test.
    , which means there's still hope; that is markedly more positive than the ending of, say, The Girl Next Door.
    Yeah, that being the "happy ending" is an indication of how happy the movie is overall. But, triumph of the human spirit against seemingly insurmoutable odds, "but for the grace of god there go I" and all that.
    Spoiler:
    Sure, her life is better. Maybe her kid's lives are better, maybe not. Grandma would probably make a good mom. Adoption for the younger child would probably be a much better option for him than staying with Precious but poor Mongo's doomed...

Haven't seen the Girl Next Door.
    The Rules

Yeah, that being the happy ending is an indication of how happy the movie is overall.
    Exactly. So it's a bit too happy, but I guess I can give it a go all the same.

Exactly. So it's a bit too happy, but I guess I can give it a go all the same.
    Just the fact that you're wondering about it should answer your question.
    Spoiler:
    Watch the film, dummy.
    The Rules

I'm not at home right now so I can't get it, it's already on my to-do list

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Legion

What. the. Fuck.
    Is that an endorsement?
    The Rules

No. not in the slightest. The movie didn't make any damn sense. I understood what they were trying to get at (I think), but the plot, the god, the attacks, angels with bulletproof metal wings, the characters with their transparent as hell flaws.... The movie just didn't make any damn sense.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 08-18-2010 at 07:37 PM.

No. not in the slightest. The movie didn't make any damn sense. I understood what they were trying to get at (I think), but the plot, the god, the attacks, angels with buildproof metal wings, the characters with their transparent as hell flaws.... The movie just didn't make any damn sense.
    I dunno. The idea of a supernatural creature having to be bullet proofed with metal just doesn't sound right to me. But the mental image is cool.
    The Rules

the cgi was pretty cool, would have seemed cooler the first time around if I had typed the right word too

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    I'm recording Congo on HD tonight, Michael Crichton's jungle/gorilla type caper. Know nothing about it.
    Wish I hadn't bothered.

What a crock of shit.

~

Legion

What. the. Fuck.
    Hehe. You only just got to see it?

I must have seen it when it first came out in 1985. Ridley Scott does some weird shit.

Young Tom Cruise.

Tim Curry is the most awesome bad dude in that though.

Cool voice, cool outfit.

I'm referring to the new one. The one that seems to use overflow casting from the Fast and Furious films.

Fast & Furious type cast?

It'll be complete cack then.

Go see the original. Go see go see. It's good.

If you haven't already ...

It had the co-star from 2nd movie, and the star from the 3rd movie, and a lot of the movie focused around angels possessing really bad drivers that get shot up by the good guys.
    Told you it didn't make any sense.

Drivers?

It's set in the current day? Not a fantasy movie?

correct. current day, with angels and a god that wants to kill off the human race

Ah.

Not in the slightest a remake of the original then.

Sounds kinda silly.

think I'll give it a miss.

That's Legend, not Legion, Timbuck

I'm not at home right now so I can't get it, it's already on my to-do list
    I second the recommendation. The main character's life is really screwed up. While the outcome is indeed somewhat hopeful, it's still bleak.
    Your search had no results.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    Watched American Psycho with my bf this evening. It's hip to be square!
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!