Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK General Election 12 December

Default UK General Election 12 December

It's on.

So Friday 13th we will know who is to be our PM going forwards: Johnson or Corbyn.

I'm 100% definitely backing the Conservatives. Corbyn is an actual Marxist and a real danger to the country unlike Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Rock and a hard place.

Frying pan into the fire.

Tweedle-Dee or Tweedle-Dum. Not much of a choice really is it - the lying shitstain Brexiteer clown or the Jew-hating Commie.

Voting for Jo Swinson becomes an easy choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Two of the worst possibly people to lead our country await.

On one hand we have a serial liar. A man with no principles or credibility; who bounces between positions on a monthly basis and will do or say anything to advance is career. The lowest bar held by any PM I can think of. A man who I believe most definitely does not believe that Brexit is a good idea. A man I'm convinced would cripple the economy by over spending just so he could say he actually achieved something (for the first time...)

On the other a man who lacks behind even Boris Johnson in basic leadership skills. A man who can't even bring himself to tell us what his position is on Brexit and who have been flip-flopping for so long on the issue I literally don't care what they decide to do now.

What a treat.

I could never vote for a Tory party led by Johnson. Even so, it'll be a long time until I consider voting Tory again.

I won't be voting for Corbyn.

Jo Swinson is not PM material; but given that I'm still yet to be persuaded that the benefit of Brexit outweighs the cost (and I don't give a monkey about the intangibles of Brexit like "identity" or "sovereignty"), I'll be voting Lib Dems. I want a strong remain presence in parliament to ensure that we leave the EU in a manner I find acceptable, and keeps the UK in tact.

At least that's my position on Brexit. Manifestos may change things.

Jo Swinson is not PM material compared to Johnson but she could be with more experience. She has miles more potential to be PM material than the antisemite in chief.

I hope to gosh that anyone on the right votes Tory and anyone of the left votes Lib Dems. I don't like her but Swinson is decent in a way Corbyn just is not. The LDs are decent in the way Labour is not. I'd love to see the LDs displace Corbyn's Labour on the left, the Tories can't be in power forever and when we lose, as we will, I'd rather lose to the LDs than Labour. The Tories and LDs are opposite sides of the left/right and Brexit/Remain divide but both are decent parties. BXP and Corbyn's Labour are not.

PS if you think that Boris really doesn't believe in Brexit then ideal situation should be a large Tory majority. If the Tories have a tiny majority, or worse a minority, then Boris will be in hock to the ERG in the same way May was torn asunder by them. If Boris wins a healthy majority he can deliver the form of Brexit he wants rather than what the extremists want, which will be an FTA Brexit I'm sure as Boris is not a No Dealer. The smaller the majority the more the risk of an accidental No Deal.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

My ideal scenario would be a Labour collapse as people see through Corbyn, Tory landslide majority with LDs surging to displace Labour and Swinson becomes Leader of the Opposition.

If she does, I do think Swinson could be a future Prime Minister.

I don't want Labour to be trashed. Corbyn will resign after the next election so I'm confident a more sensible Labour will return soon.

I'd rather the Tories suffer heavy defeats. It'll make them re-evaluate their approach and realise that the public no longer support Brexit. That's my hope at least.

You can't have both.

If the Tories suffer heavy defeats then Corbyn won't be resigning, he'll be Prime Minister. Do you want that?

If the Tories have even moderate losses then Corbyn will be PM. The arithmetic doesn't work any other way.

A Labour Party that wins a plurality but not a majority of the seats might have no choice but to dump Corbyn as a precondition for a coalition. Not that Labour under Corbyn is going to do that well.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    You can't have both.

If the Tories suffer heavy defeats then Corbyn won't be resigning, he'll be Prime Minister. Do you want that?

If the Tories have even moderate losses then Corbyn will be PM. The arithmetic doesn't work any other way.
    Then I'd rather a Corbyn PM and an annihilated Tory party.

I dislike Corbyn, but I despise Johnson, Raab, Davies, JRM, Redwood, Gove, Cummings and the ERG. I despise their arrogance and incompetence. I despise their ridiculous slogans (aka lies) and I despise their hypocrisy.

And remember, I still consider the 2016 to be illegitimate. Vote Leave, led by our PM, broke the law and as far as I'm concerned it's scandal that we even triggered Article 50. Our PM, Gove and anyone associated with Vote Leave broke a major pledge by voting to trigger Article 50 without having a trade agreement in place first, and I will never forgive them for that.

You may be able to accept and look past law breaking, lies and incompetence on that scale; but I won't. Fuck them. They all deserve to be deselected and cast into irrelevance.

Maybe I will vote Corbyn after all.

Brexit has really driven you round the bend, I hope once it's over and done with this bitterness can go away and we can come back together.

That we can agree on.

Edit: Although don't imply that I'm mad/crazy. I'm not. I'm angry and I want justice, and it's entirely justified.

Voting Labour for the first time since the 90s. Fuck the Tories.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I'd recommend voting for whoever has the highest chance of beating the Tories in your specific constituency. The Tories are on pace for a majority on 35% of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I'd recommend voting for whoever has the highest chance of beating the Tories in your specific constituency.
    Nobody can defeat the Tories like the Tories can
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I'd recommend voting for whoever has the highest chance of beating the Tories in your specific constituency. The Tories are on pace for a majority on 35% of the vote.
    Like Labour in 2005?

And? I'm not blaming the Tories.

But you want them replacing with Corbyn in charge?

But you want them replacing with Corbyn in charge?
    You seemed surprised and shocked that people might choose Corbyn over Johnson.

Why?

Johnson is a moderate centre-right Conservative similar to David Cameron.

Corbyn is a the most extreme leader of the Labour Party at least since Foot if not ever. He's also an antisemitic racist. I view Corbyn as no different to Trump, utterly unfit for office.

In news that will shift next to no votes and literally no seats at the election UKIP's newly elected 8th leader since the referendum Richard Braine has resigned. UKIP will now be looking for their 9th leader since the referendum, see who can follow the last Dick.

Does it surprise you that people like myself, who have voted Tory all their life, despise Johnson and the current Tory party?

Maybe "surprise" isn't right. Can you recognise why he's so disliked?

Brexit has really driven you round the bend, I hope once it's over and done with this bitterness can go away and we can come back together.
    I see that you are believing the fantasy of delivering Brexit by merely ending your membership of the EU. The reality is that this does not get Brexit done. It merely starts it. Brexit will be with you for the next decade at least.
    Congratulations America

"Get Brexit done" is a possibly the worst of all of the pathetic slogans peddled by our criminal Vote Leave government.

It must surely only appeal to children and those with learning difficulties.

But perhaps I'm being unfair to children.

On another note I've spoken with 2 people recently who say they'll be voting Brexit Party. I asked them if they were comfortable voting for a party with an unelected leader and no manifesto. They were.

Can anyone explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Does it surprise you that people like myself, who have voted Tory all their life, despise Johnson and the current Tory party?

Maybe "surprise" isn't right. Can you recognise why he's so disliked?
    No. He's a Brexiteer but so is a majority of the country and about two thirds of Tories.

Besides Brexit he's a very moderate modern Tory.

"Get Brexit done" is a possibly the worst of all of the pathetic slogans peddled by our criminal Vote Leave government.

On another note I've spoken with 2 people recently who say they'll be voting Brexit Party. I asked them if they were comfortable voting for a party with an unelected leader and no manifesto. They were.

Can anyone explain that?
    No, I can't. Treating the European Election as a protest vote was one thing, it sent a loud and clear message and toppled the failed Prime Minister.

This is a General Election though. Be serious! There is no good reason at all to vote for the BXP.

Can anyone explain that?
    Well, RandBlade and his ilk have been firing up the craziness for over two years with talk about the merits of leaving with no deal or as some call it WTO terms that any deal sounds like abject surrender.

I don't think they understood a good portion of the electorate would internalize that. But it's basically a case of making your bed and having to sleep in it.

The upcoming election may bring some clarity, but it would not surprise me if you wind up with an even bigger mess in Westminster.

One thing I do expect is the DUP losing seats.
    Congratulations America

No, I can't. Treating the European Election as a protest vote was one thing, it sent a loud and clear message and toppled the failed Prime Minister.

This is a General Election though. Be serious! There is no good reason at all to vote for the BXP.
    So it's ok to vote BXP if it's a protest vote to send a clear message that Johnson's deal "isn't Brexit" and to topple him?

Like you did?

No. He's a Brexiteer but so is a majority of the country and about two thirds of Tories.

Besides Brexit he's a very moderate modern Tory.
    We don't know if the majority of the country are Brexiteers. Only 17m are. Sorry, were. Many of those will be dead now.

Plus the recent poll of polls since the referendum show a clear sign of regret in voting to leave and majority for remain.

Does the lying account for nothing to you?

So it's ok to vote BXP if it's a protest vote to send a clear message that Johnson's deal "isn't Brexit" and to topple him?

Like you did?

No! The General Election is not a protest ballot.

The European Parliament I voted to make our MEPs redundant - not to elect a government. Thus it didn't matter who the MEP was, because they would have no power and be made unemployed shortly. The General Election is not the same thing, I would never have done that in a General Election.

No! The General Election is not a protest ballot.

The European Parliament I voted to make our MEPs redundant - not to elect a government. Thus it didn't matter who the MEP was, because they would have no power and be made unemployed shortly. The General Election is not the same thing, I would never have done that in a General Election.
    You did something stupid that does have some consequences. The most obvious consequence of the stupid thing you did was that you helped waste money—some of which is yours—on 29 useless or downright harmful MEPs. As a protest vote, your vote has had no positive effect on your position in the Brexit negotiations or Brexit process; had you voted for productive and competent MEPs, you would've increased the likelihood of at least someone getting value for money for the duration of their tenure, however short or long that may prove to be.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."