Thread: US protests against police violence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I wouldn't consider it offensive, but it's not harmless either. It's more along the lines of a confirmation for why.
    Yes, I'd agree. I was aware that the question might be provocative, which is why I tried to caveat it. Nevertheless I thought it was important and interesting; but perhaps more in relation to the UK protests than the US.
    Last edited by gogobongopop; 06-18-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Yes, I'd agree. I was aware that the question might be provocative. Nevertheless I thought it was important and interesting; but perhaps more in relation to the UK protests than the US.
    UK (and other non-US) protests are joining in on the bandwagon and as much to do with people being bored after months of lockdown as it does what's actually going on.

The Police here are nothing like the Police in the USA.

The US is five times the UK population but I believe its the case that the US Police kill more people in one year than the UK Police have ever killed in the past 150 years put together.
    In 2018 the UK Police killed 3 people (all terrorists IIRC) while their US counterparts killed a thousand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.