Page 72 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 4139

Thread: The pictures thread

Here you get only two whopper menus for 20$

Probably has something to do with government adding tax at each point the burger increases in value during its "manufacturing process."
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

They're looking at putting robot tellers on fast food counters, so I don't really see the downside
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Meatless burgers?
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Probably has something to do with government adding tax at each point the burger increases in value during its "manufacturing process."
    You do realise that the point of VAT is that the amount of 'points' in the manufacturing process doesn't alter the tax?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I actually like those vegetarian burgers, but I'm kind of weird like that.

Turkey burgers are nasty, though.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    You do realise that the point of VAT is that the amount of 'points' in the manufacturing process doesn't alter the tax?
    Not really. I just laugh every time I'm reminded that in Europe, which allegedly avoided communist occupation, they tax the "value added" during the process of "manufacturing" a fucking sandwich!!!

Sorry 'bout your luck and all, but that's still pretty funny.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Meanwhile, swiss rolls in Illinois are taxed at 1% for apparently being a healthy food, while cookies are taxed at 9% for being junk food.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Not really. I just laugh every time I'm reminded that in Europe, which allegedly avoided communist occupation, they tax the "value added" during the process of "manufacturing" a fucking sandwich!!!

Sorry 'bout your luck and all, but that's still pretty funny.
    I don't think you understand what 'value added' means in this context But hey, I'm glad it sounds funny to you.

Tip: the value added per step has nothing to do with the tax burden, only the end value has. Just like with your sales tax. The difference is the type of paperwork. In fact, if it is retailed more than once, your system taxes double (even if no value is added), where as ours doesn't, everything is taxed only once. Sorry about your luck there

Of course, our sales tax rates are higher, so we do pay more, but that doesn't have anything to do with the 'value added' bit.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Meanwhile, swiss rolls in Illinois are taxed at 1% for apparently being a healthy food, while cookies are taxed at 9% for being junk food.
    Or like how 6 donuts qualify for GST in Canada, but more than a dozen, and they're exempted for being groceries, or something like that. (Or so it was when I left, at least).

What a tangled web we weave, when * government *.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I don't think you understand what 'value added' means in this context But hey, I'm glad it sounds funny to you.
    I'm also amused by the advertising neighborhoods over here do to let everyone know their children are stupid, FYI.

Click to view the full version

How many iPad batteries and meters of copper piping would you really have to invest in to leave government behind? You're just not tugging at those boot straps hard enough!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Meat is just very expensive here compared to most countries. The VAT on food is just (2.5%) and services are included in that.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Spoiler:

That first gif looks like a girl I went to high school with

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Who is the one in the front?

Oh well, not really someone I should know.

Always wondered what became of that first picture. It was a defining picture of that early generation of nerds.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Nice pictures...

He cleaned up well, I think. Would've been funny to see the old hardware in the pic though, if he still had it.

I actually think it was mainly the grandma glasses and the pathetic attempt at a mustache (or is that a chocolate milk mustache? ) that made him look like such an epic 'tard in the first place. Get rid of that, he's not half bad... as far as scruffy, overweight 80's nerds go anyway.

Daughter hasn't yet mastered the art of sitting
    Click to view the full version

then again, maybe she has.

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    If the government just stuck to building roads and paying police/fire officers, people probably wouldn't be so angry about their taxes.