Thread: Will Obama Win in 2012?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Will Obama Win in 2012?

What's the consensus here regarding the upcoming election. I know we still have a year for things to change, but let's say it happened today go ahead and predict your outcome, and then what would need to happen by november 2012 for the other outcome to come about? Who do you think will be the "top tier" for the republicans, to borrow some propaganda phrases.

My thoughts are that Obama could lose now but only to a candidate who campaigns on reducing debt, and job creation (even without spelling out the how of spurring job growth.) Obama has to argue he spent money to save jobs, and that it'd be worse if he didn't, and attempt to make some promises about how jobs are coming, and list some fields and hopefully people will buy it. Perhaps propose increased incentives to expanding business (who will repay such money based upon performance), and increase taxation on the larger businesses and upper class who are hording money anyway.

---
    On an aside I feel Obama's biggest failure was not abusing the fact that when he was first in office he had a super majority, and could get whatever he wanted passed. He should have just driven all the legislation he wanted through, instead he tried to build bridges and play fair hoping it'd pay off in the long run it really cost him. You can't play fair with people's whose souls have been purchased they have no free will to repay favors. He didn't use legilation as bargaining chips like he should have. Like I heard in a comment in a video, "Why didn't you only renew bush tax cuts contingent upon the republicans raising the debt cieling" instead of just givin' it to them. Mistakes that I hope aren't repeated if he gets office again. And i really hope a "balls to the wall" approach is taken this time around... democratic party's image be damned, future elections ignored, bridges and favors used as tools towards ends and nothing else.. and just get all the social and economic and military reform done as quickly as possible. AND SCHOOL reform we need to reformat how we run schools. or our nation is in trouble.
    Last edited by Lebanese Dragon; 08-25-2011 at 05:24 PM.