Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Astro Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    So we've done this before with Tribal Wars, and the turnout for that was pretty spectacular, so I was wondering if there'd be any interest in making another go at it.
    Except, in the end, everyone hated each other. Or was it just me?

Joined. M34:15:24:51
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

hi thank you for letting me join. Took some time to find the astro empires thread hehehe. I think Bismarck got me good at the start of server I was in two guilds and they both fell a part. So thanks for having me and lets have fun!

Welcome to the forum! You might be about to become very disappointed, I think.

I was in two guilds and they both fell a part.
    You're welcome to stick around anyways, though.

Oh no! This is the 3rd guild I join and is falling a part? I am cursed

Sorry. A number of us just weren't finding the game to be any fun. I think some people might be toughing it out, though.

Do you know how many are going to keep playing? The other guilds are so big in the area and I don't play as much as they do. I think I will just quit too.

This sword & sorcery game looks like it could be fun, give it a go?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

*snickers* So before I went out I downgraded all the economic buildings on my planets to non-existence. So they're all 0 Econ and I can't build up a bank balance, after I finish spending what I'd saved on fresh research, which might make it profitable to raid me. But I kept all their defenses the same. And now apparently there's a stream of messages from Borg and R-A players complaining about the over-kill defenses.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    And now apparently there's a stream of messages from Borg and R-A players complaining about the over-kill defenses.
    . . .

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Poor, widdle babies.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Poor, widdle babies.
    This was about the same attitude I got from Random when I hit him before quitting. That he didn't care about his astros (then why are you pm'ing me about the ones I've hit, and racing to defend the ones I haven't?) because its all about "derbs", which he mentioned I couldn't understand because I was a farm, and that I was very bad at being a farm because my defenses were far too turtled. I have no idea what is mentally wrong with these people.
    . . .

I just quit playing. They can farm me for 15 days for all I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Sorry. A number of us just weren't finding the game to be any fun. I think some people might be toughing it out, though.
    lol, I just signed up. Maybe another time then.